GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What do we want Nintendo to do?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/08/03 at 17:56
Regular
Well, here is a place where devoted Nintendo fans can concisely voice their views on what Nintnedo should do - realisticly of course, to improve sales, market profile (i.e in FHM, Mace Griffin is not on Cube, and there are no Cube ads, despite an excellent GBA SP one, and it says 'the millions they have lost on Gamecube' about Ninty) and most importantly dispel the ridiculous anti GC attitude.

I mean, Game Boy has a great name, but both the N64 and now the Cube (to a lesser but still worrying amount) are seen as rubbish.

Outline your proposals here. Petition anyone? Meh.....
Fri 08/08/03 at 19:29
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
After news of production stopping I think it's too late now :(
Fri 08/08/03 at 19:08
"period drama"
Stop fannying about with stupid anti-importing crap and actually release the games we want over here.

More advertising.

Sort the release dates out.

LISTEN
Fri 08/08/03 at 19:05
Regular
We want Nintendo to stop being so bloody arrogant and join forces with Microsoft.
Fri 08/08/03 at 18:56
Regular
Yeah but look what happened to

Halo + Tunnel software

It was'nt really that much of a bonus.
Fri 08/08/03 at 17:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Mario kart + Tunnel software = Cube seller.

As long as people know about it...
Fri 08/08/03 at 17:24
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
To be honest, with the current climate in the video games world, with people wanting style over substance, I can't really see Nintendo's position improving. It's all about the name, and sadly, Nintendo's name just doesn't carry the credence it used to.

I know and you know that Nintendo makes the very finest video games money can buy, games that have amazing playability and whimsical charm, but that's not what ordinary Joe consumer on the street wants anymore. We know what they want; Playstation with it's superficial style of games. But they sell by the bucket load.

At the end of the day, Nintendo could release more amazing games in their own style, more great consoles and innovate 'till they're blue in the face, but if they don't appeal to the 'tards then they won't sell. Fact.

Nintendo could change their style. They could make more adult themed games, but frankly that would annoy me. Nintendo have their style and I wouldn't want them to resort to cheap tactcis to sell games that appeal to mongs wanting blood and guns.
Fri 08/08/03 at 15:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Nintendo need to realise that Europe isn't filled with Japanese people.
Fri 08/08/03 at 14:44
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> What do we want Nintendo to do?

Sack that Iwata dude and get a new marketing team in.

Nintendo needs focus and intelligence.
Fri 08/08/03 at 14:40
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Online gaming is far better than I thought it would be.

No doubt about it, Nintendo will implememnt it, but only when they are really ready.
Fri 08/08/03 at 12:17
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
That's a fair point.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.