GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo in trouble... suspending Gamecube production"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/08/03 at 13:28
Regular
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3134651.stm
Fri 08/08/03 at 15:41
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
Nintendo have done good with this christmas' line up though, with lots of quality games/

F-zero, mario kart, metal gear solid.

Lets just hope the releases don't slip.

(Fingers Crossed!!!)
Fri 08/08/03 at 15:28
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
If nintendo weren't such 'tards and listened to us - the gamers, maybe they'd be doing better.

But seeing as how "the nintendo difference" actually means beind spaz's and not listening and giving back to loyal gamers, they kinda got themselves into this mess.

The GBA and GBA SP are selling well, because they actually put effort into advertising, but they don't do anything to advertise the gamecube, they did at the start but now they've given up.

I love nintendo but if they're gonna be stubborn then i might have doubts about getting the next console.

They just need to learn that "the same" isn't always a bad thing, 1 online game in 4 months just isn't good enough.

The GBA link-up's a good idea but they need more than one good idea, or even just one GREAT idea.

I just hope for the N5 they advertise more, come up with good ideas, have less kiddy games, have more good games - long games, and lose this stupid kiddy image.
(as in - don't make it purple, it sucks)
Fri 08/08/03 at 14:39
Regular
They say they want to make "less complicated" games.

What the feck does that Iwata guy smoke?

Jeez. Nintendo need to get their act together.
Fri 08/08/03 at 14:38
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Why are you all worried?

"So in a bid to recapture sales, Nintendo has said it will move back to products that anyone can play and enjoy"

Erm.. move BACK to products?

As in like it used to be?

I don't know about you, but that was when games were really games, as in, well, the real Nintendo.

I have faith... still.
Fri 08/08/03 at 14:34
Regular
Indeed. Maybe they should look on this forum, we could teach them a thing or two!
Fri 08/08/03 at 14:22
Regular
They brought it on themselves.

Stupid spazzy company.
Fri 08/08/03 at 13:57
Regular
Maybe, but it's already at £99, what are they gonna cut it to - £50?
Fri 08/08/03 at 13:50
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I sense a price cut must be around the corner ?
Fri 08/08/03 at 13:49
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
They must have millions of them in the warehouse, makes sense to stop production for now really.
Fri 08/08/03 at 13:48
Regular
"8==="
If the games are cheaper it could be ok.

Like a Zelda game in episodic installments or something...

Anyway I'm off I can't stand to read anymore.

This is terrible news. Just terrible. :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.