GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DEAD Phoenix. Emphasis on the DEAD."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/08/03 at 01:48
Regular
I almost called this thread "Nooooo!".

It looks like Dead Phoenix, whihc looked like one of the most promising and original games of recent times, let alone the Cube only, has been canned. I was looking forward to that. Why couldn't they have got rid of Killer 7?

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp? subsectionid=160&articleid=65757&pagetype=2
Thu 14/08/03 at 10:34
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Yeah and look what happened to Dinosaur Planet when it was 'converted' into a Nintendo franchise - it didn't really work.

It's weird how everyone (including myself) thinks that Killer 7 will be the best game out of the five. I think it's because it just looks so exciting. It will be interesting to see how the game acually plays in that graphical style.
Thu 14/08/03 at 09:32
Regular
Capcom claimed Dead Pheonix doesn't exist... like Rare claimed Dinosaur Planet didn't. Then Dinosaur Planet became Star Fox and this could become kid icarus.

Whoever said KI was crap then that's fine but this would just be dead phoneix at heart.
Wed 13/08/03 at 23:06
Regular
That story doesn't tell us anything. Capcom just haven't said anything about Dead Pheonix in a while, that's all. It may well still be coming out.
Wed 13/08/03 at 22:53
Regular
Isn't it supposed to be turning into another game. An old classic or something.
Wed 13/08/03 at 20:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ah well.

Why??
Wed 13/08/03 at 20:00
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Same here. The videos I've got look absolutely amazing. A very colourful and exciting game, if nothing else.
Wed 13/08/03 at 19:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
But why.....?

If its Kid Icarus 2/1.5 whatever, thats cool, but if its gone....why?!!

The vid I got looks sweeet.
Wed 13/08/03 at 15:16
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
To me Dead Phoenix looked as good as or better than PN03, maybe even Viewtiful Joe. But we can't really tell, having never played them. Killer 7 doesn't even sound good. Probably still worth a look though.

At least we still have four out of five left.
Wed 13/08/03 at 11:56
Regular
"Festivus!"
Dringo wrote:
> Kid Icarus.

I read that a few days ago and was intrigued - although I found KI to be mundane...
Wed 13/08/03 at 11:52
Regular
Only one I'm not bothered about is Resi 4.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.