GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Belldandy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/08/03 at 18:29
Regular
So remember how in your last 'I'm always right' rant you informed us FF:CC had bombed, and then I pointed it out it had only been on sale one day?

Well you were right, only I think you'll find it's a very different type of bomb...

http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2792
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:24
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:

>
> You could just say 'I was wrong' and hear no more about it.

And this dignified silence works too.
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:25
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> I can't see why you're trying to argue against this. Let me write the
> story very simply.
>
>
>
> - You said FF:CC had sold badly AND hadn't helped sell more GCs.

I said it had not helped to shift many more units.

> - FF:CC has sold very, very well and GC sales have doubled.

Wrong on the units...

> - I point out your made up facts.

Like you you mean ?

> - You try and make me look stupid for it.

You do that yourself quite well.

Gentlemen, let's turn to Games TM, page 39. Oh, actually I'm going to admit to being wrong about sales figures, seems the Gamecube is doing even worse than I though in the land of the rising sun. Jesus, 1500 a week !!! compaerd to Sony averaging 46000 !! That's like pathetic.

Anyway, week ending June 21st saw a slaes leap to 20900 with the release of the GBA Player bundle, however within one week that had fallen to 12662, and has fallen right up to the release of Chronicles, so expect to see the same happen again, Sony enjoyed LONG TERM sales increases from Final Fantasty, nintendo won't.

Face it, Nintendo are doomed I tell ya, tis the end.
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:26
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Bell mate, you're full of the stuff they call shiznit.
>
> If you're gonna make wide accusations like this, you need to do a bit
> of research to make sure you have the facts to back them up. If you
> check Gamecube weekly hardware sales in Japan every week, before
> FF:CC went on sale you will find that they were ranging about
> 8000-12,000 a week.

Games TM says 1500 a week, making you full of the shiznit also. I turst Games TM more than you, strangely.
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:28
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> Anyway, week ending June 21st saw a slaes leap to 20900 with the
> release of the GBA Player bundle, however within one week that had
> fallen to 12662, and has fallen right up to the release of
> Chronicles, so expect to see the same happen again, Sony enjoyed LONG
> TERM sales increases from Final Fantasty, nintendo won't.

So now you change your argument?

Admit you were wrong, then walk away from the forum and never darken our door step again. Go on, it's for your own good.
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:28
Regular
Belldandy wrote:

> Games TM says 1500 a week, making you full of the shiznit also. I
> turst Games TM more than you, strangely.

Really, that's nice for you. See that door over there? use it.
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:29
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
so you are getting all of your info from a magazine?

is that including the FF details, cos i doubt they'd be very accurate
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:30
Regular
Well it's odd that Reuters, the Jap charts and the rest of the internet says it's around 8,000.

I also find it rather sad you appear to enjoy seeing a company failing.
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:36
Regular
It's time to go watch Mr Frost on ITV, but I'll look in in the morning and reply to your angry rantings Whitestripes, but to answer one question so as to aid your own search for an answer, I do not hate Nintendo, I hate fanboys and apologists for them. They have made the most almighty screw up of the GC despite doing likewise with the SNES and N64. I don't much care it beats the Xbox in one territory, because here Xbox sells more and has the games I want, and more importantly has them in a timely fashion. I decided that I could not afford 3 systems, hence the GC went because it doesn't have the games. I don't care about Iwata whining about fees for online play, 500 000 Live subscribers kinda kills that theory, and it's fun. It could be fun with the Gamecube, except Nintendo won't get behind it as they should. Nintendo does not understandard the western markey anymore, and it's let Sony steal it's own market effortlessly.
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:44
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Xbox sold 75 units week ending 21 June, says gamesTM

There endeth my knowledge of Japanese sales. Bicker away, I'm off for Skies & Rez!
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:48
Regular
Why the hell do ALL arguements bring up the topic of sales figures.

Sales figures mean nothing - Insert that comment into your head. Who cares if your console did crap/good? You've got yer console now stop argueing about whats 'best'

Jeez

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.