GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Belldandy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/08/03 at 18:29
Regular
So remember how in your last 'I'm always right' rant you informed us FF:CC had bombed, and then I pointed it out it had only been on sale one day?

Well you were right, only I think you'll find it's a very different type of bomb...

http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2792
Fri 15/08/03 at 18:29
Regular
So remember how in your last 'I'm always right' rant you informed us FF:CC had bombed, and then I pointed it out it had only been on sale one day?

Well you were right, only I think you'll find it's a very different type of bomb...

http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2792
Fri 15/08/03 at 19:06
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
i didn't actually see the rant you are talking about, but i still feel the need to laugh

heh heh heh
Fri 15/08/03 at 19:15
Regular
This was it:

""This is a Final Fantasy game, the first on a Nintendo for a while, not shifting units by the truck load."

I know you like to think you're clever, but FF:CC not shifting truck loads of 'Cubes may just be down to the fact that it was only released in Japan today."

He was right though, 100,000 units a day is more like a few lorry loads than trucks.
Fri 15/08/03 at 19:33
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
now i know the full story, i must laugh a bit more

mwouhahahahaha!
Fri 15/08/03 at 19:41
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Really Whitestripes, released today was it ??

*looks at SR news story, copies, pastes*

Square-Enix's first Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo home console since 1994 went on general release in Japan last week, and promptly sold 200,000 copies inside two days. Selling at that rate, industry experts guess-timate that the game will shift one million units within two weeks (or a fortnight at the most), marking a successful return to Nintendo for the Final Fantasy crew.

Hey Whitestripes, in your fanboy like fervour to post you kinda missed the "went on general release in Japan last week" bit huh ?

What a moron......

Firstly, news stories last week, yknow, when the game was released, suggested that it was failing to shift actual GAMECUBES. Yknow, GAMECUBE UNITS, seeing as Japanese sales of the GAMECUBE haven't jumped, it suggests only existing owners are buying the game with few going for a GAMECUBE solely because of the game, unlike FFX and FFVII on Sony's machines which did see a massive jump in CONSOLE UNITS sold.

Hence I'm right, you're wrong, and you've proved to us all you cannot read, or read in context, and your fan looks stupid now as well but I'll excuse him.
Fri 15/08/03 at 19:50
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
While were here, I'm constantly amazed that my words, well text really, bother people so much, I mean this must be about the tenth topic this year with my name in, do I really bother some of you that much ?
Fri 15/08/03 at 19:53
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> Hey Whitestripes, in your fanboy like fervour to post you kinda
> missed the "went on general release in Japan last week" bit
> huh ?

Although it also said:

> within two weeks (or a fortnight at the most)

So I wouldn't necessarily take that as gospel.

Oh, and while I'm here:
Can't we all just get along blah blah hippies blah blah blah sit down at the back or I stop the bus blah blah.
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:03
Regular
Not at all.

It went on sale last Friday, which is the day you said it wasn't shifting consoles.

Now then. How, on the day of it's release in Japan, could you have known how it was selling and how it was affecting consoles sales?

You couldn't of.

Therefore my comment was justified, and you were being a knob as usual.
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:08
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
i'm inclined to carry on being a 'fan' of whitestripes now..especially since you called me stupid belldandy
Fri 15/08/03 at 20:10
Regular
If it failed to shift Cubes then ummm I guess you forgot to check the sales figures out

PS2 - 46,300
GBASP - 44,500
GC - 23,800
GBA - 14,700
PSOne - 800
Xbox - 580
WonderSwan Crystal - 450

This is last weeks hardware sales for Japan.

Ahhhhhhh look at da wittle Xbox.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.