GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Kart DD release date has slipped already ...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Kart Double Dash'.
Wed 20/08/03 at 13:18
Regular
Surprise surprise, Australia were supposed to be the first PAL region to get the game, it was due out Mid October, Ninty Aus have now emailed registered users saying the release date date has now slipped to "sometime in November" vague as ever, will it affect our release date (currently 13/11 I think), who knows ?
Thu 21/08/03 at 19:21
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
I know what you mean. Dont get me wrong though, I love WW, and I'll be posting a review of it in the next couple of days in which I constantly praise it, lol. :-)
Thu 21/08/03 at 18:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Its interesting about OOT and Wind Waker.

While Wind Waker is shorter and perhaps less 'deep', I still found it far superior to OOT when I played it on the bonus disc. Sure, all the new graphics were in my head, but for some reason WW outclassed OOT in so many areas that you never realise until you actually play both at the same time.

OOT was however, far mor stunning when it arrived, being first in 3-D and all, but I feel people don't give WW the credit it really deserves. OOT seems clunky and dull in places compared to some of WW far more rich and vibrant areas.....
Thu 21/08/03 at 18:31
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
Space wrote:
it was damn
> good.
>
> As will Double Dash be.

Yeh I agree. But lately although Nintendo have been churning out great games, they dont match originals or older titles. Wind Waker was good, OOT was better. Sunshine was good, most other older marios were better. At least they still maintain a high quality.

Anyway, I think DoubleDash will be a fun little game. Its good that the Cube gets a serious, classy racer like F-zero and a hilarious karting game too. It keeps everyone happy. :-)
Thu 21/08/03 at 17:53
Regular
And I'm saying that although Sunshine wasn't the best, it was damn good.

As will Double Dash be.
Thu 21/08/03 at 17:32
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
  wrote:
> Cooky wrote:
> Mario 3D to Mario 3D with a stupid waterpack (Mario Sunshine)
> =Stupid
> idea and should have stuck with the norm!
>
> Are you trying to imply that Sunshine was a bad game? Because I still
> thought that it wasdamn good.

No I'm just saying it wasn't the best Mario game!

:)
Thu 21/08/03 at 17:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Cooky wrote:
> Actually to take your example a bit further...
>
> Mario 2D (Super Mario World) to Mario 3D (Mario 64) =GREAT!
>
> Mario Kart 2D to Mario Kart 3D =GREAT!

Well they would be, because its such a change.

> Mario 3D to Mario 3D with a stupid waterpack (Mario Sunshine) =Stupid
>
> Mario Kart 3D to Mario Kart 3D with two ppl per kart and stupid
> looking power ups =Stupid idea and should have stuck with the norm!
>

What else can they do? If they'd left it the same, it'd of been damned as 'uninventive'. Two people karts is different, and none of us have played it yet. I'm really looking forwards to it. And I;ve started playing Sunshine again. Genius game...
Thu 21/08/03 at 17:05
Regular
Cooky wrote:
> Mario 3D to Mario 3D with a stupid waterpack (Mario Sunshine) =Stupid

Are you trying to imply that Sunshine was a bad game? Because I still thought that it wasdamn good.
Thu 21/08/03 at 14:11
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
It's a point of contention, look on mkdd.co.uk for more info
Thu 21/08/03 at 12:16
Regular
Does anyone know if Toad is in the game? I haven't seen him yet.
Thu 21/08/03 at 11:51
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Wish Mario Kart and F Zero were a month earlier though, also Top Gear Rally on GBA is out mid November which is good news, it's gonna be an expensive few weeks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.