GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brtue Force Live Content"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Brute Force'.
Sat 23/08/03 at 09:23
Regular
Don't know if anyone already posted this, but this is what the forthcoming downloadable Live content for Brute Force is going to be...taken from www.gigex.com - they have console specific sections now.

Prisoner's Lament
Prisoner's Lament, a new Squad Deathmatch map, is set in an abandoned internment camp on the Caspian Sea. Gameplay on this map centers on team-based combat and capturing the turrets that guard the inner bailey of the base before your competition.

"Cerulean
This Deathmatch map takes place in the dangerous Wastes. Master the meteor control panel to rain death upon your enemies, and search out the secret high places to gain an advantage for your team. Play with up to eight other players.

Microsoft has also released a small trailer that shows off the new content. And just as a reminder, there is more on the way for Brute Force. A map called "Lockjaw" will be released in the near future. Here is its description:

Lockjaw
Lockjaw is a new campaign mission in which players are sent to investigate a distress signal from a remote research base on Estuary. This mission demands all the skills, cunning, and guts the experienced Brute Force player will have developed in the shipping campaign. Lockjaw can be played solo or with up to three friends, and supports System Link play."
Tue 26/08/03 at 22:31
Regular
Nothing gets past this guy.
Tue 26/08/03 at 22:29
Regular
Its Brute.......not Brtue
Mon 25/08/03 at 18:31
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
If you see it as cheap as I did then risk it, and at £20 it may be okay. £10 is only like a bit less than two issues of OXM, so no complaints here.
Mon 25/08/03 at 18:29
Regular
"Remember me?"
I've almost been tempted to buy this on a number of occasions but too many people are saying negative things about it.
Mon 25/08/03 at 09:24
Regular
For the £10 I paid I'm happy, I wouldn't say it was worth anymore though.
Mon 25/08/03 at 00:47
"I love yo... lamp."
And to think how hedfix raved about it when it was first released.
Mon 25/08/03 at 00:44
Regular
It took me three levels of single player, two and a half of co-op and a few blasts on the multiplayer to realise it was a sub-par game.
Sun 24/08/03 at 22:48
Regular
Belldandy wrote:

> £10 - and after a couple of hours play I like it more than I
> used to, it's fun, not exactly revolutionary, but fun, 7/10 at this
> price.

That's what I thought for the first few levels, by about the 9th or 10th level though you begin loosing the will to live.
Sun 24/08/03 at 20:58
"I love yo... lamp."
I never got round to getting it. But I might take a look some time.
Sun 24/08/03 at 19:56
Regular
After selling it in the past, I actually picked up Brute Force again today for an exceedingly cheap price at a car boot sale - it is genuine BTW.

£10 - and after a couple of hours play I like it more than I used to, it's fun, not exactly revolutionary, but fun, 7/10 at this price.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.