GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I got F-zero! And it rules!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F-Zero GX'.
Sat 30/08/03 at 11:16
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
I got F-zero a few hours ago, and it rocks!

Yes it is hard, but it rules so much.

So far I have: won a grand prix championship, knocking my rival off the tracks several times, so that outta show him.
Played a level on story mode.
Watched some cool FMVs.
Designed my own ship, which is orange and blue and I put some wicked logos on it. It slow and weak, but I'll improve it. :-)

The game is starting to get hard now, but its so good, and I am always willing to go back for a challenge.

The graphics are awesome, and the backgrounds are so detailed. Yes it is as fast as you think itll be and the twisty tracks are so cool. The multiplayer is rockin too!

Seriously, you have to get this, but you already knew that. And the USA version does work on freeloader, and the action replay version of freeloader, I tried it on both, for all you importers out there (josh).

Ok, I'm off to whoop Captain Falcons butt in the grand prix again.

Ciao

TW
Tue 09/09/03 at 16:08
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> Afro, have you unlocked the 2 extra cups ?, bit difficult isn't it,
> and story mode on very hard, well that's another story - but I do
> have a mpeg movie at home of a guy doing chapter 1 on very hard if
> your interested

---

Story mode is quality. Yes, Captain Falcon is the campest guy ever and the cheesiness of it all is laughable, but the challenges are top.

My favourite is when you're racing Michael Chain and his gang. I kill them all. Fun. The Goroh challenge is good too.
Tue 09/09/03 at 16:07
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
That's the second Port Town track, isn't it?

Mightily annoying, indeed.
Tue 09/09/03 at 11:02
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Yep it is a great game, difficulty is just right, but I know what you mean about hitting opponents, it can be tricky and fustrating.

And Sapphire Race 5 - Serial Jumps is the most annoying track in any game ever.
Tue 09/09/03 at 10:50
Regular
I GOT F-ZERO!!! WOOHOO! its come well early and I'm loving it. its superb especially the bit when say you are10 and you see the finish line and you hammer the boost and zoom to the front, genius. its hard to hit others though isn't it? well I'm off to play it again heh :-D
Tue 09/09/03 at 09:56
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Afro, have you unlocked the 2 extra cups ?, bit difficult isn't it, and story mode on very hard, well that's another story - but I do have a mpeg movie at home of a guy doing chapter 1 on very hard if your interested
Mon 08/09/03 at 17:26
Regular
must......get......f-zero.....
Mon 08/09/03 at 17:22
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Thanks Afro, have you seen www.fzerocentral.com by the way ? great for comparing times, will put my first lot up before the Thursday lunchtime deadline.
Mon 08/09/03 at 16:33
Regular
"French the Fries!"
Time_Warp wrote:
> Yeh they sent me an email to say it had been sent.

I still had no e-mail, but it arrived today!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, i'm off. :)
Mon 08/09/03 at 15:56
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
There are these sort of jumps that you go off and land on the track further down. Hold the joystick Up when you're dropping off particularly large ramps, and you'll go much much faster.

To get my speed I boosted onto a boost icon on the track which then led off the ramp, and I held Up on the way down, therefore recording super-incredible speed.

:-)
Mon 08/09/03 at 14:07
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
AfroJoe wrote:
>
> My record speed so far is 2374km/h. On the course with the biggest
> drop... the first Lightning course I think it is, but it might not
> be.

Can you explain a bit more (I'm a bit of a wally) I can't get anywhere near that speed, where exactly are you boosting ? and are you "snaking" ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.