GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda Fans"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/09/03 at 09:42
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item=3044550501&category=27221&rd=1

Selling off my rare Official Nintendo Famitsu Legend Of Zelda The Windwaker Zelda box, containing a book, cd and two figures, all straight from Japan earlier in the year.Not available at all in the UK and I never saw any in the importers like Another World, Kingcat, etc when it came out.

99p no reserve on 7 day listing. Remember to remove the space after the "?" to make the URL work, say here if you have problems making it work.
Mon 01/09/03 at 15:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I think your argument about lack of places is a bit crap, top be honest. :)

I agree, I would of liked larger islands, but OOT did feel at times like areas strung together by almost 'corridor' like appendages. Not exaclty real. WW had a far more open and realistic (if you can call it that) feel.

Plus, the bit in Hyrule Castle, when all the monsters come to life, is better than anything in OOT, perhaps barr Ganons rising.

Both are wonderful games.
Mon 01/09/03 at 15:18
Regular
"gsybe you!"
And the sailing is great. Perhaps thats because I sail myself.

Hmmm.
Mon 01/09/03 at 20:58
Regular
I thought the sailing was excellent at first; really magical and stuff. Then, just when you started to get a little bored of it, you learned the teleport song which made everything a breeze.

Stunning.
Mon 01/09/03 at 21:43
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I agree with what everyones saying about OOT, the fact that it was mostly land and there were proper villages and towns etc like other Zelda games made it really great and although WW didn't seem as good in comparison but then again it never was going to. I mean being the follow up to the greatest game you've ever likely to play it's no easy feat.

Still WW should have had a huge land based part, like under the water where Hyrule was, that would have ruled.
Tue 02/09/03 at 11:54
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I did actually like the sailing bit, I just found the dungeongs rather uninspiring and repetitive.
Tue 02/09/03 at 19:12
"period drama"
Sailing was fun at first .. then too tiresome.
You should have been able to get a motor - much more exciting.

When you saw outside Hyrule castle for the 1st time it just ruled. The view was stunning - they should have set the game just down there.
Maybe next time, huh?

And the black and white bit in Hyrule was jaw-dropping. You just KNEW that everything was gonna come back to life - scared me shiteless.
Although when they did it was way too easy.
Wed 03/09/03 at 16:51
Regular
Ganondorf was way two easy- so i thought that it was going to take me onto some really difficult battle in the Overworld with like all the sages helping you and stuff- but all i got was some crappy cut-scene at the end. The rest of the game made up for it though. PS Is it worth starting the second quest - is anything diferent?
Thu 04/09/03 at 23:24
Regular
"always swirling"
sailing was great at first, then fun, ok, average and then just damn right anoying! i hated the fact that if you sailed against the wind you went at like 2 miles an hour.

the matter about the islands, though there were some big ones like windfall and outset there were many more little ones with nothing really on there. Plus having to sail to each one was a pain in the a$$.
OOT gave you a feeling you were in a proper land, Majora's mask did the same, but i found WW searching each island one by one to be more a task to complete rather than something fun to do.

the only good zelda'ish' part was underwater hyrule castle when the pirate lass got told she was zelda. Apart from that i felt the game lacked the 'magic' the other zelda games had.
Fri 05/09/03 at 00:47
Regular
"Under the Wall"
Talkie Toaster wrote:
> OOT gave you a feeling you were in a proper land, Majora's mask did
> the same, but i found WW searching each island one by one to be more
> a task to complete rather than something fun to do.

Word to that home-boy.

> the only good zelda'ish' part was underwater hyrule castle when the
> pirate lass got told she was zelda. Apart from that i felt the game
> lacked the 'magic' the other zelda games had.

And that.

:^)
Fri 05/09/03 at 00:50
Regular
This reminds me...I've got Ocarina of Time and Master Quest on the Gamecube!

I haven't played them yet!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.