GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"noooooooooooooo my ps2 is broken"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/09/03 at 12:02
Regular
my ps2 won't play my games it keeps making a funny noise and it go straight to the browser menu!
Thu 11/09/03 at 21:33
" Crazy!"
Or†ega wrote:
> Try giving everything a good blow.

Am I the only one who thought a dirty thought when I first read that?
Thu 11/09/03 at 21:27
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> my ps2 had this problem, it's easy fixed though :
>
> simply open your bedroom door, place the ps2 between the door and the
> frame, then slam door while screaming "f'ckin sony bas...."
> for approximately 2 - 3 minutes. now, get your ps2 (you may need a
> dustpan and shovel) and empty into skip. problem solved!

And then it'll play games? Cool!
Thu 11/09/03 at 17:01
Regular
"Touched!"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> my ps2 had this problem, it's easy fixed though :
>
> simply open your bedroom door, place the ps2 between the door and the
> frame, then slam door while screaming "f'ckin sony bas...."
> for approximately 2 - 3 minutes. now, get your ps2 (you may need a
> dustpan and shovel) and empty into skip. problem solved!

LOL!
Thu 11/09/03 at 15:20
Regular
my ps2 had this problem, it's easy fixed though :

simply open your bedroom door, place the ps2 between the door and the frame, then slam door while screaming "f'ckin sony bas...." for approximately 2 - 3 minutes. now, get your ps2 (you may need a dustpan and shovel) and empty into skip. problem solved!
Thu 11/09/03 at 12:15
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
I found two sites that can help with your disc read errors they are:-

http://www.dvdrbackups.com/forums/ps2/voltage.php

and

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/ ps2_disc_read_error.txt (remove spaces)
Thu 11/09/03 at 12:09
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
I repaired mine myself in under 5 minutes- i got the instructions off the web and followed them, it was as easy as that. The reason why the PS2s discs wont read is because the voltage going to the CD oR dvd drives is too low. There are two tiny screws inside the PS2 that controls the voltages, one for the cd drive and the other for the dvd drive. By turning the screws clockwise increases the voltage. If u want a DIY fix then i suggest u search on the internet for the instructions like i did, Ill give the link when i find it!!!
Wed 10/09/03 at 21:06
Regular
"PS2 Rulez!!"
if u send it to a cetain game shop they will fix the laser because i had the same problem its either 65 pound for hal of the laser or 85 for the whole laser it depends on how bad it is!!
Tue 02/09/03 at 10:38
Regular
Mine wouldn't read the disc's and also made a funny noise, so I tried a lens cleaning kit but it wouldn't even load the disc for that.

So I rang Sony and got a refurbished one for £60.

If the lens cleaning kit doesn't work Bubble, I'd recommend getting a refurbished PS2, seeing as how its £70 at least to have it repaired by Sony, and it takes 3 weeks if you do so. Where as you can get a refurbished one within two days.
Tue 02/09/03 at 08:36
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
If it's under warranty - ring Sony, don't try fixing it yourself as they will replace it or repair it for you.

If it's not - take it to a computer repair or console repair store to have it checked out.

But as everyone says - I think the lens has seen better days.
Tue 02/09/03 at 01:54
Regular
Try giving everything a good blow.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.