GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conflict Desert Storm II"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Conflict Desert Storm 2'.
Wed 03/09/03 at 19:40
Regular
Now Desert storm I was a bit of a sleeper hit, so when i get Desert Storm II hopefully this friday i will bore you all to death about how good it is + i won't mind if im the only one to post in here :D.

one thing that is confusing, PSW say it has four people called Mayne, Smith, Mckinley and Calvery which from the uniform is the British guys and then the americans are called Sherman, Sanchez , Cody and Wagner.

But all the other mags have the normal Bradley, Foley, Conners and jones.
Fri 19/09/03 at 22:30
Regular
I have noticed that this game is more open aswell, being in the urban areas you have less places to hide.
Fri 19/09/03 at 22:22
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Excellent, because me and my mate conquered the Hard difficulty setting a number of times.
Fri 19/09/03 at 22:15
Regular
Yeh i put the difficulty on hard seeing as i played Desert Storm I alot, second level now but im gonna wait and play it later, keep dying :D

great news though, if you complete the game on the "Hard" setting then "Extreme" becomes available - goody.
Fri 19/09/03 at 22:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I played it earlier.

One of my mates rented the game (first and only rentable copy, and he got it on the launch day, which is good), and from what I've played so far (the first mission :-D) it seems great.

The graphics are vastly improved - this is easily the most notable feature of the game. The surroundings are a lot more detailed, and the characters too. The way in which Iraqi's die is funny too. I shot one in this building and he fell backwards, tripped over a chair and landed on his face. Funnyness.

The controls are crap in the PS2 version (well, this is considering I've been playing the Gamecube version a lot more) from what I've seen, but maybe with some play I could improve with them.

The first mission sees you driving along this valley in your jeep. You drive into this clearing and set yourselves up to begin the assualt on an Iraqi base. Sometimes they see you, sometimes they don't - it depends where you position yourselves. Anyway, you then begin the attack on the base and take over, which completes the first objective. You set up some guys on the turrets around and wait for the next Iraqi troops to arrive, and blow them all up. Then you go through this tunnel and out into a big fortress where tanks start shooting at you. I'll say no more.

So far, though, it's great apart from the controls, but then, I can get used to them... or just wait for the GC version. :-D
Fri 19/09/03 at 19:06
Regular
im getting the game in about an hour and yeah AJ i remember a picture in a mag a while ago showing Conners and bradley still together.
Thu 18/09/03 at 13:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
In the two player you couldn't select it manually.

I was always Bradley and Connors and he was Foley and Jones, and although he didn't want Jones (at first) and I'd rather have had Foley, we got used to the teams, and soon became a killer force.

Which is why I'm hoping the same teams will remain in Conflict 2.
Thu 18/09/03 at 01:35
Couldn't you select it manually?

In single player, I (Bradley), always had Foley to take out the ones I couldn't see from long range.
Wed 17/09/03 at 21:04
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Good good.

In the co-op it had better be Bradley and Connors together as part of player 1's team and Foley and Jones together for player 2.

I couldn't live without Bradley and Connors being in the same team. :-D
Wed 17/09/03 at 20:14
Regular
Yes its the same names as the first game. Its the American game which has different names.
Wed 17/09/03 at 18:53
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Its the Xbox Demo from OXM which I have played.

Did it have the normal names (bradley, foley, conners and Jones)?

I was told the other names (mckinley, smith etc) were just the american version but SRs pictures have them names in there.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.