GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Last retro game you bought."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/09/03 at 12:06
"I love yo... lamp."
I just bought Sonic the Hedgehog on the Master System yesterday.

Now planning on getting the gaps in my older consoles plugged. Few good games to get. Along with an Atari Jaguar and a 3DO I think.

Anyone else bought anything retro or classic recently?
Wed 01/12/04 at 21:05
Regular
I got the original metriod game last month
Thu 25/11/04 at 22:12
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Always on the lookout for a copy of Chronotrigger at a decent price, and a convertor to run it on my snes. The last retro game I got was Mechwarrior for the Snes about 2 months ago.
Sat 20/11/04 at 22:28
Regular
"..."
If the Zelda collection disc counts as a retro game, then it's my last retro purchase. If not, then it's Final Fantasy 7.
Thu 18/11/04 at 20:47
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
They're supposed to be coming with the console. Keep an eye out for them on ebay.

Also looking to start my AES collection. Haven't got the cartridge console, but I'll probably buy one next year. So if I spot any of my favourite games in cartridge form that look in great condition and a decent price, I'm gonna pick them up as I go.

Have to do that really cause a lot of the games are so damn hard to find.
Wed 17/11/04 at 20:30
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Samurai Spirits 2
> Samurai Spirits 3

Currently looking for these with box and manual, where'd you get yours from?
Wed 17/11/04 at 20:28
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Just bought a Neo Geo CD after missing it for the past few years. Also decided to fork out on my favourite games on the console which are...

Art of Fighting
Art of Fighting 2
Art of Fighting 3
King of Fighters '94
King of Fighters '95
King of Fighters '96
King of Fighters '97
King of Fighters '98
Samurai Spirits 2
Samurai Spirits 3
Last Blade
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special

Also keeping an eye out for...
Samurai Spirits
Samurai Spirits 4
King of Fighters '99
Last Blade 2

So happy to have a Neo Geo again. :-))
Tue 16/11/04 at 09:28
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Floppy disk?

hehe, we got it free with the first CD drive my brother ever bought, all those years ago. You need to play the CD version, as it has full speech!

Well as SR don\'t seem to stock the game (shame on you!) then, I got it from Gamestation.

:)
Tue 16/11/04 at 03:54
Regular
"Monster kill!"
Cooky wrote:
> I bought \"Day of the Tentacle and Sam & Max\" together
> for £5 new the other week.
>
> Day of the Tentacle is one of my favourite games of all time. It\'s
> just so well scripted and ammusing. It\'s taken me ages to find it
> again, but a certain high-street shop is selling loads of Lucas Arts
> games cheap at the moment. Just can\'t wait till they release the
> DADDY of point and click adventure games;

omg!
you got that?
where?!
I used to play that when i was like 5, it was my first game for the pc!
we lost the floppy disk :(
the day of the tentacle was great! XD
i played it all day.
reply where you got it please. :)
Mon 15/11/04 at 15:10
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I bought \"Day of the Tentacle and Sam & Max\" together for £5 new the other week.

Day of the Tentacle is one of my favourite games of all time. It\'s just so well scripted and ammusing. It\'s taken me ages to find it again, but a certain high-street shop is selling loads of Lucas Arts games cheap at the moment. Just can\'t wait till they release the DADDY of point and click adventure games;
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, which is a game so good, it\'s a contender for the best game ever made!!!

Also, just incase you were unaware, if you can\'t play old point and click games on Windows XP, like Day of the Tentacle, then go download a program called SCUMMVM, it\'s an emulator for the scripting program those old games use, so you can then play them perfectly!

:D
Mon 15/11/04 at 08:03
Regular
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 - PS2

New-but-old so it counts :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.