GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I just Played a Gamecube!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/09/01 at 13:40
Regular
YEY, I played Luigis mansion and Wave race. I cant really comment on the games, apart from the fact that they were both good fun. But The Controller is Brilliant, It feels like it is part of your hand, it is sooooooo comfortable. The two analog buttons are great and they have the click at the end. Also the two analog sticks are rubber , so they are really comfortable and will never give you sore thumbs.
The console itself is tiny and is looks nice and cube shaped and perfectly shaped.
I WANT ONE
I seriously suggest that you Pre-Order one from Special Reserve.
Sun 23/09/01 at 12:25
for the first time in my life, i feel wanted (being a criminal doesnt count,and anyway its not like anybody will miss them)
Sun 23/09/01 at 11:47
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
WRONG! IT'S NOT: "ITSA ME" - IT'S: "IT'S-A ME!!"

FOOL!

*ahem*.

Sorry, I lost my rag :-D :-D

I want EvilBoris to reply to me.

Shocktrooper.
Sun 23/09/01 at 11:45
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Itsa Me!!!
Sun 23/09/01 at 11:16
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
*In think Italian accent, imitating Mario*

"So I, err, grab-a hold of-a the scart-a cable from-a the GC, plug-a it-a into the con-a-verter, then get the lead-a coming from-a the PC monitor and-a plug-a it-a into the other end of the monitor? That sounds-a bit-a strange, wouldn't you-a have to plug-a the monitor lead into-a the converter too?"

"Shut it you dumb plumber, now listen, I'll explain myself more clearly, so that you can understand, ok?" Said Boris through gritted teeth and wearing an expression of gret annoyance.

"Okie dokie Mr Boris sir!" Replies Mario.

*SMACK*

Mario falls to the floor.

"That bloody accent of his, p!ss!ing me right off..."

:-D.

Shocktrooper.
Sun 23/09/01 at 11:06
BTW those two sugestions are two separate things , not one thing that you need to buy two things for.

All you would have to do would be is to plug a scart cable going from the GC into the Converter. Then plug the lead that comes out of your moniter into the other end of the moniter. You would have to plug in some speakers if you wanted sound , or just use headphones
Sun 23/09/01 at 11:02
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
EvilBoris wrote:
> 1. if you PC has a tv-in socket in your PC you could have the gamecube going
> into it, beacause the pc lets you choose what type of input it is.
2. buy a
> ntsc/pal 2 vga converter and plug you GC straight into a pc
> moniter.

http://www.scancom.ltd.uk/products/vd-300.htm

http://www.starkelectronic.com/vga300.htm

liksang.com
> also sell a nstc 2 vga converter for £47

Even if I did, by some miracle purchase myself a converter - I wouldn't know where to begin with all this 'plug it into the PC like this, do this and that, blah blah...', my Dad will know what to do, I think.

It's an interesting idea, Boris matey, and thanks for all of that enlightening information.

Shocktrooper.
Sun 23/09/01 at 10:55
ive just ordered a Radeon 64mb DDR with video-in and video-out.
Sun 23/09/01 at 10:54
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I badly want a TV-Out card but my computer has integrated card so I can't do that. My 2nd PC will though.
Sun 23/09/01 at 10:52
1. if you PC has a tv-in socket in your PC you could have the gamecube going into it, beacause the pc lets you choose what type of input it is.
2. buy a ntsc/pal 2 vga converter and plug you GC straight into a pc moniter.

http://www.scancom.ltd.uk/products/vd-300.htm

http://www.starkelectronic.com/vga300.htm

liksang.com also sell a nstc 2 vga converter for £47
Sun 23/09/01 at 10:51
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Advice: Don't buy import consoles in the first place.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.