GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Amiga Classics"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/09/03 at 23:06
Regular
Some that have been running through my head and I had to jot them down before I forget.

Weird Dreams. Heh, this game actually used to scare the hell out of me. you play an accident victim who is on the operating table fading in and out of consciousness. You begin to dream, some horrible twisted dreams including little girls with huge knives, killer bees, statues with ostriches legs, footballs with huge teeth and other twisted and scary crap. You have to make your way through these nightmares without getting eaten or stabbed to death. if you die in the dream, you get to witness yourself wake up briefly, before your heart stops. nice.

Badlands. Great multiplayer 2D car racing action a la super off road. set in an apocalyptic future. good stuff

Cabal. A bit like operation wolf only 3rd person, you blast people, tanks, helicopters, armoured cars and all sorts. what was different was when you cleared a level, you ran up the screen with your arms in the air like a little sissy girl, with appropriate music. laughed my ass off at that one.

Any strange titles you can remember ?
Thu 18/09/03 at 13:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> Hey, anyone play Hunter?
>
> you played an army geeza and you could walk round a 3D landscape,
> nicking anything from bicycles to tanks, aswell as helicopters and
> boats.
>
> had a lonely feel to it, but really pushed back the boundaries as far
> as gaming went.
>
> of course, you look at it now and struggle to fight back the
> laughter.

Heh, yeah.

And if you swam too far you got exhausted and died, and a tombstone with "RIP" appeared on the water.

It was a pretty cool game, but i could never realy get that far, probably due to the fact that i didnt really have a clue what i was supposed to do. Driving the helicopter was bloody hard if i remember correctly, i always used to take off and then crash after about 50 pixels.
Thu 18/09/03 at 14:52
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
cookie monster wrote:
> ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> Hey, anyone play Hunter?
>

Wow, blast from the past or what!

I personally loved the way the guys gun was in his chest :)

Still, a classic and fantastically entertaining game. I spent HOURS on it.
Thu 18/09/03 at 19:07
Regular
yeah, and if you got damaged, such as walking into a seagull(!), you 'blew up'.
Fri 19/09/03 at 20:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The items you could pick up were pretty strange as well.

I can recall items that looked like little windmills
Fri 19/09/03 at 23:04
Regular
heh - Flood! , remember this? you played a piece of snot that could climb around a sewer killing weird snotty faeces monsters and the like.

no? just me then ... :D
Fri 19/09/03 at 23:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> heh - Flood! , remember this? you played a piece of snot that could
> climb around a sewer killing weird snotty faeces monsters and the
> like.
>
> no? just me then ... :D

Yeah, i loved that game, if you hit the fire button quickly enough you eventually pulled out a rubber chicken.
Fri 19/09/03 at 23:06
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Yeah, i loved that game, if you hit the fire button quickly enough
> you eventually pulled out a rubber chicken.

hahaha

*sigh of nostalgia*
Fri 19/09/03 at 23:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Man, we have a great taste in games.
Fri 19/09/03 at 23:12
Regular
indeed.

game titles keep popping into my head, the amiga was the platform I had for longest, and the one I look back at most fondly.

a few more

stunt car racer - terrible graphics, but at the time they were the mutts nuts

hired guns - the first FPS style multiplayer affair (4 players on one screen)

north and south - ludicrous civil war game
Fri 19/09/03 at 23:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I played stunt car racer, you could see the V8 engine reving as you drove along on rollercoaster like tracks.

Great.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.