GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Amiga Classics"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/09/03 at 23:06
Regular
Some that have been running through my head and I had to jot them down before I forget.

Weird Dreams. Heh, this game actually used to scare the hell out of me. you play an accident victim who is on the operating table fading in and out of consciousness. You begin to dream, some horrible twisted dreams including little girls with huge knives, killer bees, statues with ostriches legs, footballs with huge teeth and other twisted and scary crap. You have to make your way through these nightmares without getting eaten or stabbed to death. if you die in the dream, you get to witness yourself wake up briefly, before your heart stops. nice.

Badlands. Great multiplayer 2D car racing action a la super off road. set in an apocalyptic future. good stuff

Cabal. A bit like operation wolf only 3rd person, you blast people, tanks, helicopters, armoured cars and all sorts. what was different was when you cleared a level, you ran up the screen with your arms in the air like a little sissy girl, with appropriate music. laughed my ass off at that one.

Any strange titles you can remember ?
Thu 11/09/03 at 13:43
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> That was a complete riot! Equalled only by eight player Micro
> Machines on the PS.

or the aforementioned badlands. super off road wasn't bad either.
Thu 11/09/03 at 13:45
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Lord of Midnight
Sat 13/09/03 at 17:42
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Heh i had forgotten about supercars.

The bit where you had to identify the road signs was great.
Sat 13/09/03 at 21:17
Regular
It came from the desert

"The desert - unchanged for millions of years, yet witness to a biblical prophecy come true that the meek shall inherit the earth" DAN DAN DAAAAAAAA
Mon 15/09/03 at 12:15
Regular
"Twenty quid."
It Came From The Desert II

"Not once in the five years since the defeat of the first invasion had anyone suspected that there was a second queen thirsting for the destruction of all that is human."

(Or, something like that!)
Mon 15/09/03 at 22:54
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> It Came From The Desert II

Never played that, wasn't it subtitled 'ant-heads' or something?

the first one was really atmospheric, and featured many different game types. a great title.

Other games?

rock n roll racing - quality

hostages - great espionage action

the turrican series - best. shoot em ups. ever.
Tue 16/09/03 at 12:19
Regular
Shoot-em-ups: R-Type II, Xenon 2: Megablast and possibly the easiest game in the world ever, Project X.

Adventure: Monkey Island 2 and The Indiana Jones adventure one (Fate of Atlantis?). And Beneath A Steel Sky. Don't know how I put up with changing all the disks though.

And Superfrog. Team 17 were great until they found Worms. Then they just sort of didn't find anything else. Like Sensible Software trying to rule the world with little people. Sensible Golf? Nah.
Tue 16/09/03 at 12:22
Regular
I forgot my favourite Amiga game ever: Wizkid! Sensible Software didn't just have little people! (Although the geezer was just a head for most of it).
Tue 16/09/03 at 14:59
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Manic Moaner wrote:

.. inspired name ;)

> Shoot-em-ups: R-Type II, Xenon 2: Megablast

BEST. ENDING. EVER!!
all that effort and your reward was a simulation of the tv being turned off... how we laughed :)
i loved the bitmap brothers. magic pockets and Gods are still ace!

> and possibly the easiest
> game in the world ever, Project X.

it wasn't THAT easy.. stop pretending to be hardcore ;P
anyhoo, we all know that Sonic was the easiest game ever...
>
> Adventure: Monkey Island 2 and The Indiana Jones adventure one (Fate
> of Atlantis?).

sure was..

And Beneath A Steel Sky. Don't know how I put up
> with changing all the disks though.

15 disks!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
thankfully there was a CD32 version that'd work on a A1200 with cd-rom. i think i got it running on my A4000 as well...
>
> And Superfrog.

preferred that to Zool.. even an abundence of Chupa Chups couldn't make that fun. although it seemed to sell alarmingly well...

Team 17 were great until they found Worms. Then they
> just sort of didn't find anything else. Like Sensible Software
> trying to rule the world with little people. Sensible Golf? Nah.

HETHEN!!!! sensible golf was ace!!!
Wed 17/09/03 at 11:17
Regular
Hey, anyone play Hunter?

you played an army geeza and you could walk round a 3D landscape, nicking anything from bicycles to tanks, aswell as helicopters and boats.

had a lonely feel to it, but really pushed back the boundaries as far as gaming went.

of course, you look at it now and struggle to fight back the laughter.

also - Midwinter

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.