GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"True Crime"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'True Crime: Streets Of LA'.
Wed 10/09/03 at 17:50
Regular
"2 game or not 2 gam"
True Crime:Streets of LA is looking up to be a great game, you get to be a cop and either kill or arrest people and you can never lose a mission, how cool is that, however, everything you do, affects your end of the game, there is a good ending, a bad ending and a great ending (so i'm told). Anyway, it is set in LA (Los Angeles) and is 240 square miles, it takes 30 real minutes (not gametime, real time) just to drive from one end of LA to the other, even driving like a nutter. There is the usual stuff you would find, a highway, main st., hollywood, beverly hills etc. To be honest, i have never been this excited about a new game a this one. Some people say this will be better than GTA, some say it won't, my opinion is having seen the reviews and screenshots of true crime, true crime looks better in my opinion anyway.
Wed 10/09/03 at 22:47
Regular
Is over rated...

:)
Wed 10/09/03 at 22:46
Regular
"QPR 1974"
... Metroid Prime.
Wed 10/09/03 at 22:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Exceopt VIce City is also overrated tosh.

I'm not sure why, but I find 'big' games incredibly awful.

Deus Ex, Vice City, Halo....etc.

All dislikable for different reasons.

Ah well. Make LBA 3 and I'll love the world again.
Wed 10/09/03 at 22:16
Regular
240 square miles of unbelievable torture and terrible programming...

Or...

GTA Vice City which is great fun whilst it lasts.
Wed 10/09/03 at 22:14
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Be nice if it was the whole of LA and not just half of it, but 240 square miles will be great, only if the gameplay is on par with GTA.
Wed 10/09/03 at 18:56
Regular
Yes save your money for the GTA Double Pack. It will rock muchos!
Wed 10/09/03 at 18:55
Regular
"\\"
You're planning on going 480 mph? Pffft.
Wed 10/09/03 at 18:26
Regular
"2 game or not 2 gam"
OK, thanks, but i was really looking forward to it. Oh well, i suppose the GTA double will be amazing, i think i'll just get that.
Wed 10/09/03 at 18:24
Regular
Thats what I was saying, its nothing to do with Screenshots its how the PS2 demo played. Its dreadful. Just get Max Payne and the GTA Double Pack and you will have everything that True Crimes was aiming for only they are actually playable.
Wed 10/09/03 at 18:15
Regular
"2 game or not 2 gam"
I am a bit confused, the reviews and screenshots look amazing for true crime, but people have been saying it's not very good. Somebody please help me. Is it worth getting or not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.