GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why your name?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/09/01 at 14:00
Regular
Just as a matter of interest, why d'you pick the name you did for this place?

Mine is a Bill Hicks thing.
Fri 21/09/01 at 16:23
I liked the part with the rope!
Fri 21/09/01 at 16:30
Regular
woah he did it
hmmmm
Fri 21/09/01 at 16:32
I chose my name because Seifer is my favourite character from my favourite game. (That game is Final Fantasy 8, incase there are any Pokemon addicts out there thinking that I'm dyslexic)
Fri 21/09/01 at 16:35
Regular
"How Handy."
Why Whooo Style? Well actually it was Whoooo Style at first but I didn't like the four o's. Well I was originally called AndiThompson (original i know!) and I got bored and it kinda looked daft when everyone else here used a different name. So I had a vote, I asked everyone to give me an idea, but I only got 1 serious reply, Whooo Style. I liked it, don't know why but I liked it. Who did suggest this by the way?
Fri 21/09/01 at 16:38
Regular
Mine is very embarrasing.
Its the Japanese name for the Pokemon called Scyther.
Before anyone says anything, I don't like Pokemon. I rather hate it actually. By a total random chain of events, I round out this name while searching for a name to use on Diablo II, and I thought that sounds kind cool. A Paladin might use that. So its my nick on IRC and here.
Groan...pokemon.
Fri 21/09/01 at 16:52
Regular
Well when i was a child i had a wild adventure in Spain. One of my comrades got lost in the great cave of Muzkavghnov. As i ventured into the cave a large but quite thin man came along and warned me of the great horrors that awaited me b ond the cave. he said in a mysteriously affable voice "He who enters the great cave of Muzkavghnov must carry power, strenght, bravery and courage to face the God like being called Muzkavghnov. First you must defeat the mighty dragon Kylovslok. You must have the source of 'Power' to defeat Kylovslok. After that you will face a Knight called Fpijkfarhh. You must have the source of 'Strenght' to defeat Fpijkfarhh. After the great Knight you must defeat the Ghost called Lrvfhoy. You must have the source of 'bravery' to defeat him. After this you must face the mighty gardian of Muzkavghnov called Hybrisalorr. The source of 'Courage' will defeat him." Then i looked in my bag: A penknife (Power), A weight (Strenght), A mini-parachute (Bravery) and A number (as in CourAGE). When i got to the mighty God Muzkavghnov and he boombed "You must figure out this riddle 'When the birds nest is open you must capture the egg'". Then i thought "This is the only town in the world which has a giant cuckoo clock so he must be in there". When i finaly got him out i found out that his name was "RiCkOsS" hence the name............................................ Only joking. I don't know i just thought of it.

RiCkOsS (Good though aint it!!)
Fri 21/09/01 at 17:14
Christos? Well, people think I am greek, and my name is Chris - so the name was born! I'm not actually Greek, but people I know like to wind me up about it for some reason - (no offence to anyone Greek out there). So that was the dull birth of my name!
Fri 21/09/01 at 17:40
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
Hmmm, my name is pretty rubbish really. Its just my initials and a number. The number comes from an old Ice Hockey shirt I used to wear when I was young. Dunno if it was a real ice hockeys pro shirt but I used to pretend to be Wayne Gretsky, he was good. I think I need a new name, any ideas?
Fri 21/09/01 at 17:42
I thought I would be a typical dumb female and state the obvious with my name.
Fri 21/09/01 at 18:00
Regular
My name is just plain and simply my UT name....very boring I know.

VKTR

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.