GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why your name?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/09/01 at 14:00
Regular
Just as a matter of interest, why d'you pick the name you did for this place?

Mine is a Bill Hicks thing.
Fri 21/09/01 at 15:33
Regular
"Twenty quid."
A character out of South Park.
Fri 21/09/01 at 15:40
"I hate that!!!"
but he can only say TIM-AY!!
Fri 21/09/01 at 15:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I am actually a monkeyman.
Fri 21/09/01 at 15:52
Regular
"A square watermelon"
Hm. Let me think..
It was a stange burst of complete randomness on my behalf. I just happen to like it..
Fri 21/09/01 at 15:55
Regular
"Acid Casual"
A shorter version of The Mighty Craw.
Fri 21/09/01 at 15:56
Regular
I picked it out of thin air to use as a character in a book that I'm constantly writing. Not much of a tale, really.

If you want I can make up some story to make it sound a lot more interesting.
Fri 21/09/01 at 15:58
Regular
yes please do
Fri 21/09/01 at 16:13
I chose mine because I am the Tarrant.
Fri 21/09/01 at 16:17
Regular
"everyone says it"
Why er-no.

Because it is said in most films, tv programmes and is a great name... also I couldn't stop saying it for about six months of my life.... so I grew into the name.

:D
Fri 21/09/01 at 16:18
Regular
As I was happily skipping around Pembrokeshire one day, I heard someone shouting in pain.

As I rushed to see who it was, I tripped and fell on a branch... and tumbled through a hole in the ground, that had been covered in twigs and leaves for cover.

I brushed myself off, only slightly scratched, and looked up. An old man peered into the hole in which I fell, which happened to be about ten metres deep. A fair bit. I probably would have attempted to get out if I wasn't hurt at all, but I had cut my hand, and I didn't want to put pressure on it.

The old man shouted down to me, and told me that he was going to get help. I patiently waited, and after a while... about four minutes, a rope was thrown down into the hole. I wrapped it around my arms, and I was pulled out.

I was surprised to see the old man at the other end of the rope, dragging me out by pulling the rope around a tree, used as a pulley.

He came up to me, and asked me of a favour in return for him apparently saving my life. I politely agreed, unsure if he actually had saved my life or not.

He took me to a car, and for some odd reason that I couldn't explain, I trusted him, and got in the car.

We drove for what seemed like hours. He listened to classical music as we sped along the motorways, I was never really sure of any direction we were travelling. I was mainly concentrating on breathing silently.

We seemed to arrive at our destination. I was asked to leave the car, and I followed him into a small electronics shop. The old man nodded to the shop keeper, and we went behind the counter, and into another room.

Ten men sat before us on raised podiums, all staring down on us from the darkness of the ceiling.

The man told the ten men of how he had saved my life, and now he had completed the trials. They asked me if this was true, and I decided to say yes, just for the hell of it.

They all seemed very pleased, and the old man smiled and shook my hand. I was asked to leave by the ten men, and that's the last I saw of them.

However, as I walked outside of the electronics shop, the old man came out, and told me something.

He told me that there was this legacy, this legacy of people who pass down something from generation to generation to not family, or friends, just to people that made a difference to their lives, people that they had only just met, but in that short time changed their lives forever.

This thing that was passed down was a alter ego, the name of Grix Thraves.

I asked him what had gone on in there... he mumbled something about acceptance into the society of fate, but I wasn't really paying attention. He made me promise that I would go by the name of Grix Thraves from now on as much as I could.

He gave me a lift back to Pembrokeshire, and I never saw him again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.