GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why your name?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/09/01 at 14:00
Regular
Just as a matter of interest, why d'you pick the name you did for this place?

Mine is a Bill Hicks thing.
Mon 24/09/01 at 10:58
Your Honour wrote:
> RumpleSmoothSkin wrote:
Because I am half man half drugs.

Really? I'm half
> man half biscuit.

Why is everyone stealing my little phrase and turning it to there own?
Mon 24/09/01 at 10:49
"I hate that!!!"
i'm half monster half doghnut
Mon 24/09/01 at 10:48
Regular
RumpleSmoothSkin wrote:

Really? I'm half man half biscuit.
Mon 24/09/01 at 10:47
doghnut monster wrote:
> Hey RSS why do you have this kindof attidude towards everyone.

Mon 24/09/01 at 10:44
"I hate that!!!"
Hey RSS why do you have this kindof attidude towards everyone.
Mon 24/09/01 at 10:42
doghnut monster wrote:
> after lunch i am giong to make a start on my next BIG!!! topic.

Please shut up.
Mon 24/09/01 at 10:42
"I hate that!!!"
after lunch i am giong to make a start on my next BIG!!! topic.
Mon 24/09/01 at 10:37
Regular
I suppose I should fill this in now.

It all began a long time ago.....

*screen goes all wibbly in traditional flashback scene style*

I had been looking round the chatforums for a few days, and hadn't posted anything. I wanted to read what others put to get the feel of things before I started posting.

One friday mroning I saw a topic started by St. George (Wookiee in disguise, he obviously had nothing to do at work that day either, nothing changes eh? :-)).

He was putting Meka (Meka Dragon, St George, geddit?) on trial for all the songs he'd been putting up where he'd change the words to something to do with gaming.

St George was talking to the judge and saying things like "Here's the evidence Your Honour, and I thought I'd join in.

So I quickly signed this name up, and joined in the story. I think Wookiee may have thought I was a regular in disguise (as there was no colour coded names back then, or stats either), so he kind of went along with it.

*Screen goes wobbly this time, as we come back to the present*

About 6 months later and I'm still here.

I was thinking about changing my name a few weeks ago, as it does sound a bit poncy I admit, but then I figure if I did, no one would know who I am, so I thought I'd stick with this.
Sun 23/09/01 at 20:21
Regular
Chris Dring.

Dring.

Dringo.
Sun 23/09/01 at 20:00
Bcoz i am gonna do this 4ever and life is 4ever and love is 4ever and etc... everythingis 4ever except insignificant things like ...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.