GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conflict Desert Storm II"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Conflict Desert Storm 2'.
Thu 11/09/03 at 19:19
Regular
Whilst looking at all the mags on sale in ASDA yesterday I noticed that there was a free playable demo of Desert Storm II.

Im getting the PS2 version on the 19th but I was wondering what you lot thought of the demo seeing as the versions will be similar.
Sat 27/09/03 at 22:30
Regular
"8==="
AfroJoe wrote:

> Also, in reference to the auto-aim, I don't know why, but in Conflict
> 1, I found it a lot easier to go into aim mode and shoot the guys
> myself than let the auto-aim do it for me. Dunno why, but I always
> played like that. So a less efficient auto-aim doesn't really make a
> difference.

I know what you mean in C:DS 1 I used the auto aim to quickly aim/find the enemy (for hidden snipers) and then switch to aim mode before firing. I didn't like the autoaim doing everything for me and sometimes it was off target in CD:S 2 it seems to be more off target than in C:DS 1.

I've been playing as Connors the most though and his gun isn't particularly accurate. Plus it's tempting to fire on the move although this makes his gun even more inaccurate. :D

Anyway it seems harder which is good as I found the other one a little easy.
Sat 27/09/03 at 22:19
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
C:DS2 seems great. I'm looking forward to the mission in which you team up with the Delta Force and eight of you take on the enemy. I watched my mate do this level earlier. Looks proper bo.

Also, in reference to the auto-aim, I don't know why, but in Conflict 1, I found it a lot easier to go into aim mode and shoot the guys myself than let the auto-aim do it for me. Dunno why, but I always played like that. So a less efficient auto-aim doesn't really make a difference.
Sat 27/09/03 at 18:02
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> Looking forward to it, the first game rocked. Hope they've improved
> the jeeps, in the first one I found it easier to get out and walk.

The jeep on the first level seemed smaller, nippier and more responsive. I might do the first level again so I can see just how far I can get the jeep into the level. :D
Sat 27/09/03 at 17:58
Regular
"8==="
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> But it was FAR from perfect.

Big deal. Other people can wait for perfection I'm going to go and play games. :P
Sat 27/09/03 at 17:57
Regular
The hadnling of all the vehicles in the first was shocking. It just didn't feel right controlling them.
Sat 27/09/03 at 17:56
Regular
I'll be getting this once I've finished Simpsons Hit and Run.

Looking forward to it, the first game rocked. Hope they've improved the jeeps, in the first one I found it easier to get out and walk.
Sat 27/09/03 at 17:54
Regular
But it was FAR from perfect.
Sat 27/09/03 at 17:50
Regular
"8==="
If it ain't broke don't fix it. :)
Sat 27/09/03 at 17:45
Regular
Its like Conflict Desert Storm version 1.55 :)

They have hardly changed anything in the way of combat form the first and everything seems too similar to the first CDS.
Sat 27/09/03 at 17:43
Regular
"8==="
There was some horrendous pop up in a very small bit of the first level though. Enemy's just turned up in the middle of the street like they'd just teleported in!

*Beams up*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.