GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've turned against PS2 (THERE'S NO HOPE)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/09/01 at 13:08
Regular
Okay the way I see it is, when the Ps2 came out it really had no competition, the N64, was never exactly the most succsessful console, and the Dreamcast...nuff said.
I think this made sony quite lazy, and not put there all in to the ps2. Little things I've noticed such as the mention of Ps3 very soon after the release of ps2, and the announcment of x-box and gamecube,(is this sony scared because they know that these consoles could potentially kick ps2s' a***) and the system being hard to program for, why? surely sony knew this would/could cause problems (with only n64 and dc to compete with maybe they didn't really care) The fact that Oddworld got pulled would suggest that the X-box is quite obviously better thant the ps2, and now that Resident Evil's been pulled and put to gamecube it could spell the end of ps2. Also the fact that the screen shots I've seen for both gamecube and x-box (bearing in mind this is PRE LAUNCH screen shots so they'll probably get BETTER!)look better than anything I've ever seen on playstation2, the fact that resi 1 on gamecube makes code veronica on ps2 look dated and primative can not be a good thing.
anyone agree
Fri 21/09/01 at 15:55
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
if you post a message in the playstation forum, asking people what they think about the PS2, you should already know the answer.

my answer is playstation 2 - is the best

you should have posted in fog or the nintendo or xbox room
Fri 21/09/01 at 16:36
Regular
Wookieguy's popular, inn'ee? You've got a good point Wookie. What's wrong with metaltitan? he nedds to open his eyes and gaze at PS2 instead of dusting of copies of Ridge Racer Revolution and turning a blind eye. PS2 rules. And you know it.
Fri 21/09/01 at 17:12
Regular
"Back For Good"
Ridge Racer Revolution wasn't bad for the time, anyone reconise the line from the free PS2 demo disk.

"haha your too slow"
Fri 21/09/01 at 18:49
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Totally agree with Wookiee.Well wait and see what X-Box does and I bet you any money its just going to be as successful as Dreamcast was.Hopefully its gonna be better though. At this moment Gamecube looks better than the X-Box
Fri 21/09/01 at 19:36
Regular
"Touched!"
I made the horrible msitake of buying a dreamcast, don't get me wrong it has and will have some great games, but in the back of my mind it was really something to keep me going until the ps2 release, the X-Box hasn't really impressed me that much, the graphics arnt convincing enough to be worthy over buying the Ps2 or gamecube, i am not bashing it but only a handfull of games have impressed me, the gamecube has impressed me but i am a bit catious after the poor launch, i have read some reviews and lugi's mansion and wave race , the games sound quite good, i rekon the ps2 will win, it has the most support and its the choice of console for many people, and with an almost certain rumour of the price being dropped to £199 next month, its just going to increased sales even more, the gamecube will come 2nd , i predict that it will have some good games but lack of 3rd party support may let it down, also many ppl see it as a childrens console, which i think is a bit unfair as the majority of the new games won't be childish like they were on the the n64, nintendo porduce very high quality games so you can trust that it will have some classic games, and i 3rd place i think will be the X Box, its had a fairly average reception, nothing on it looks better than the pc really and many people see it as a pc, it will have some great games but many people will just buy a ps2 instead, most of the games for the X Box are just updates like Starwars starfight special edition, by the time we see these games they will be old news, it may have the specs but i don't think it will do as some people think, its games that matter and the ps2 has a lot of quality games coming, MGS,SH2,Jak and Daxter,GTA3
Overall it will be ps2-1st,GC-2nd and X Box -3rd, this is not a bash at the X box but its just my view
Fri 21/09/01 at 19:38
Regular
"Back For Good"
The dreamcast had it's moments but doesn't compare to the PS2, well the PS2 now that is.
Fri 21/09/01 at 21:44
Regular
Wookiee Monster wrote:

>One other significant factor is that Gamecube has been >streamlined to allow maximum access to its capabilities >from the outset. By definition means that there is less >scope for games to improve.

So basically, what you see now is all your going to get. Maybe a few improvements, but not a lot, where as PS2 will continue to improve for years to come.

>Also (from what I've read in a Nintendo interview >recently) the system almost 'railroads' developers into >doing things a certain way. For example, developers know >that they can devote X amount of system resources to AI >before they affect graphical output.

This could result in game after game with a similar style, and type of gameplay. Maybe the tables will be reversed on the "all that console has is sequels" wars.

>This is not the case with PS2, where the system is 'open >ended' and designed to allow developers to use the power >for whatever they want, and acheive their goals in their >own way - not in the way that someone else *thinks* they >should do it. This allows developers to 'grow' into the >PS2, learning as they go and producing better and better >games.

Many years of improvement ahead of us then, even if the online plans don`t work completely in this country. Plenty of room to be truly innovative (like in Freak Out) rather than the cheap Nintendo definition of Innovative.
Fri 21/09/01 at 22:27
A new tool that developers use to see how much of the PS2's capacity is used up by their games actually shows that we haven't seen the best from the PS2 yet. When Gran Turismo 3 was tested, it was shown that it had nowhere near used up the full power of the PS2.
Don't count it out before the new consoles are even out over here yet. Developers are still realising the full potential of the PS2.
Fri 21/09/01 at 22:41
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Thats what Wookiee said
Fri 21/09/01 at 22:47
Regular
"Back For Good"
is there screenshots anywhere or is it just an article?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.