GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've turned against PS2 (THERE'S NO HOPE)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/09/01 at 13:08
Regular
Okay the way I see it is, when the Ps2 came out it really had no competition, the N64, was never exactly the most succsessful console, and the Dreamcast...nuff said.
I think this made sony quite lazy, and not put there all in to the ps2. Little things I've noticed such as the mention of Ps3 very soon after the release of ps2, and the announcment of x-box and gamecube,(is this sony scared because they know that these consoles could potentially kick ps2s' a***) and the system being hard to program for, why? surely sony knew this would/could cause problems (with only n64 and dc to compete with maybe they didn't really care) The fact that Oddworld got pulled would suggest that the X-box is quite obviously better thant the ps2, and now that Resident Evil's been pulled and put to gamecube it could spell the end of ps2. Also the fact that the screen shots I've seen for both gamecube and x-box (bearing in mind this is PRE LAUNCH screen shots so they'll probably get BETTER!)look better than anything I've ever seen on playstation2, the fact that resi 1 on gamecube makes code veronica on ps2 look dated and primative can not be a good thing.
anyone agree
Tue 25/09/01 at 15:47
Regular
Maybe............Who knows?
Sun 23/09/01 at 17:38
But the first ps1 games where crap graphics now there far better the same will happen with ps2 they probebmley spent months getting thouse resident evil pictures the way they are it wont be a good nintendo suck anyway and x box is to expensive
Sat 22/09/01 at 17:18
Regular
"You Bum!!"
We all make spelling mistakes or just cant be bothered to type in sentences
Sat 22/09/01 at 14:47
Regular
"  "
Kid Rock wrote:
> i want The getawy 50sq miles of london town you can get out your car
"the
> driver of the New millenium"

Would i help people by rephrasing that for you?

'I want The Geataway. 50 sq miles of London! You can get out of the car! It's gonna be 'The 'Driver' of the new millenium'

There i'm sure people can read it now (Dam i sond like my English Teacher)
Sat 22/09/01 at 14:38
Regular
?
Sat 22/09/01 at 13:35
Regular
i want The getawy 50sq miles of london town you can get out your car
"the driver of the New millenium"
Sat 22/09/01 at 13:34
Regular
"I like cheese"
Super Gohan speaks the truth.

Remember the first games on PSX?? Ridge Racer, Tekken etc.

Then look at a few years later...we had GT2, MGS and Tekken 3...the graphics and gameplay were so much better!

Imagine what PS2 games will be like in 2 years time...
Sat 22/09/01 at 13:32
Regular
"I like cheese"
In reply to the actual topic...

Who cares about specs? Who cares about graphics?

Why do I like the PS2? Because I like the games being released for it. It's down to taste.

Why do Nintys like the GC better than PS2? Because they like all their Mario's and Donkey Kong's, which in my opinion, are boring.

I like MGS2, Smackdown 3, Devil May Cry, ZOE, Red Faction, GT3 and so on.

As I wrote on a topic in Prime, I don't care about the specs, because to be honest, I don't know much about them!

It's down to opinion. Some people like something, others like something else.

Thanks for reading, Ant.

PS- I had to say this, supposedly, the PS2 actually has a etter graphical capability than the GC. Not that I know much about specs...:D
Sat 22/09/01 at 13:12
Regular
Super Gohan wrote:
> A new tool that developers use to see how much of the PS2's capacity is used up
> by their games actually shows that we haven't seen the best from the PS2 yet.
> When Gran Turismo 3 was tested, it was shown that it had nowhere near used up
> the full power of the PS2.
Don't count it out before the new consoles are
> even out over here yet. Developers are still realising the full potential of the
> PS2.

where did you find this out i want to see it
Sat 22/09/01 at 11:44
Regular
Triple_H wrote:
> Thats what Wookiee said

to Super Gohan: Duh!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.