GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda Christmas"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/09/03 at 11:20
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
What's with this latest rumour ay?

Zelda Majoras Mask
SNES Zelda
Some NES Zeldas

All getting given away free for GameCube when you buy a GameCube this XMas???

true or not, sure sounds interesting!

:)
Mon 15/09/03 at 23:42
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> Aggresive marketting from Nintendo then.
>
> "Mmmmmm - XBOX, PS2, or GC, XBOX PS2, or GC...Well the GC has a
> free disc with a bunch of old 2D SNES and NES games which they have
> allready milked on the GBA several times over. I might as well get
> that!"
>
> Come to think of it - Knowing Nintendo there will be absolutly no ad
> campaign, and not even a sticker on the box to let you know they are
> included. New buyers might get it, put it in, think
> "Its....Its....2D" and take the CUBE back - not that 2D is
> bad, but for a new potential owner its barely a showcase for your
> £100+ machein is it?

That's a bit harsh isn't it... I mean yes Nintendo don't make millions to advertise in prime time but they do advertise... plus the free disc is exactly that a free disc and Nintendo do advertise it in stores. Second 2 of the games are 3D. and thirdly it is a mere extra temptation for a £80 game console... with controller and game.
Mon 15/09/03 at 19:13
Regular
"You! Obey the fist!"
Lipe wrote:
> When is the stars catalogue going to open? Wasn't it supposed to be
> last Monday?

no idea...still wont bloody work.

altho, the NOM site is finally up...after what seems like years(infact, it must have been at least one year since they announced it....meh...at least its up now)
Mon 15/09/03 at 13:46
Regular
Oh well, we can always dream...
Mon 15/09/03 at 13:36
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Yeah. I checked at some point last week but it wasn't up yet.

As for the Zelda rumour...that's all it is. A big fat unsubstantiated rumour.
Mon 15/09/03 at 13:32
Regular
When is the stars catalogue going to open? Wasn't it supposed to be last Monday?
Mon 15/09/03 at 13:08
Regular
Putting it in the stars catalogue would be the sensible way to go, that way everyone could get a free copy (more or less).

But I don't really see it happening.
Mon 15/09/03 at 12:15
Regular
"DS..."
yes, they should definately sell the game seperately for those who want the game who allready own a GC (including myself of course) However, the maximum price that it should be is £20, why? because many zelda fans like myself will allready own either all or most of the games in the zelda series and would mainly like it as part of their collection and for the chance to play through them again on the GC on occaisions.

Plus I seriously doubt that the average gamer would play more then £20 for it as well as they would probably only buy it out of curiosity just to see which of the fine games in the zelda series (or all if they havent played any) theyve been missing out on, so its simple Ninty should put it on sale for an RRP of £20 max (maybe as part of a collectors pack with extras to please the hardcore zelda fan) as well as going ahead with their offer of bundling it with every GC over the xmas period then everyones happy :) (hopefully) and if they still have some left over they can allways stick em on Nintendo-Europe.co.uk as part of the stars catalouge at 3000 stars a pop ;)

slik ~_~
Sun 14/09/03 at 01:08
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Uhh..the sensible to do is to try to encourage more people to buy a
> 'Cube.
>
>
> Idiot.

And increase software sales in Japan and the rest of the world with yet another Nintendo release...
Sat 13/09/03 at 23:46
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I read this a few days ago, can't remember where though, so I think it's a goer.
Sat 13/09/03 at 22:32
Regular
Yn yr cysgu mynd y nos.

Ydw, mae conversatio yn 'nothing to do with welsh, like' fe hoff cymraef 'at any time, butt'.

Note: Not real welsh

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.