GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm looking for love."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 20/09/01 at 21:11
Regular
And I need your help.

Some of you may already know about my little email I got, telling me someone had a crush on me. I still haven't got a clue what it is.

But before I can get all the clues, I need to sign up with something. But it won't let me.

The reason I need to sign up is to get this word, so I can put it in a box thing. I'm sure you've all done something simular.

Anyway, help me.

The sentence is:

"Congrats. You're registered, BLANK"

So I need to find what the blank is. Any ideas?
Thu 20/09/01 at 21:26
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Okay, now I see. (a bit better)

I think it's likely to be your name in the blank.

Other than that.. I don't know. Can't you register again with a different email and see what that says?

Or check your history/emails or wherever you first saw it when you registered a few months ago? Or have you deleted them by now?
Thu 20/09/01 at 21:24
Regular
Damnit, you're all as useless as me. Come on!
Thu 20/09/01 at 21:21
Regular
"I like cheese"
I luagh just thinking about this.

Basically peeps, one night I signed on to find an e-mail saying someone fancied me...Grix then later told me it was him.

I was shocked. I'd had my suspicions, but...:D

Nah, not really. He told me he sent it because he was trying to work out who sent it to him. I spent the whole night laughing my head off as Grix apologised to loads of people from FOG, telling them he'd sent them an e-mail saying he fancied them.

It was one of the funniest nights ever. :D

And the best bit of it was, we never found out who sent it to Grix in the first place! :D

So lets find out now, eh?
Thu 20/09/01 at 21:19
Regular
Hmmm. Ok, I'll explain it a bit better. Well, I'll try.

There is this site, called Crushlink. Once upon a time, they sent me an email, saying that someone fancied me (Having a laugh, then.)

But the only way I would be able to find out who it was, was by typing their email address into the system. If it was the same address, then I would be told.

If not... they send an email to that person, telling them that someone fancies them. It's quite clever.

Anyway, the more email addresses you put in, the more clues you get. But to get the clues, you often have to sign up to all these crap things. I expect Mr A A at A Street in A Land is getting a lot of crap through the post.

And when you complete the registration, it tells you to find a word on that page, as part of a sentence already written. But as I can't register, I need to try and guess what that word is.

For example:

Perhaps the word could be thanks.

"Congrats. You're registered, thanks."

But it isn't. I just need words that will fit in there, so I can get some clues, and post them on here. It's a great big mystery.
Thu 20/09/01 at 21:16
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Grix Thraves wrote:
I still haven't got a clue what it
> is.

Wouldn't it be kinder to use the word 'who' instead of 'what'? ;)

And as for the rest of it, I'm totally confused. It is supposed to be your sign in name or something?
Thu 20/09/01 at 21:15
Grix, you old dog you! (:)

This has happened to me before. But my simply mind prevents me from working out the problem. Sorry. (:)
Thu 20/09/01 at 21:15
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I'm nmot quite sure if I'm right, so don't go histericle when you read this:

I think it could be virus that no-one knows about that does it's dirty work via e-mail. But then, I could be wrong. If it is a virus, then the BLANK is likely to be something stupid, like "sucker" or something like that.

But, if I'm wrong, and it IS something you signed up to, then the word could be:
Thanks!
Congratulations!
or something like that.
Thu 20/09/01 at 21:13
Regular
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Sorry.
Thu 20/09/01 at 21:11
Regular
And I need your help.

Some of you may already know about my little email I got, telling me someone had a crush on me. I still haven't got a clue what it is.

But before I can get all the clues, I need to sign up with something. But it won't let me.

The reason I need to sign up is to get this word, so I can put it in a box thing. I'm sure you've all done something simular.

Anyway, help me.

The sentence is:

"Congrats. You're registered, BLANK"

So I need to find what the blank is. Any ideas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.