GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"List for me your games and rate them accordingly"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/09/03 at 17:13
Regular
.... please!

Just interested to know what games everyone has and what you think of em.

I'll go first :

Halo - Superb, brilliant, can't say a bad word about it. Roll on H2

Splinter Cell - Thoroughly enjoyed, one of the best games I've played in ages.

MGS2:Substance - Also superb, enjoyed it start to finish. would prefer that gimp raiden was replaced with snake though .....

PGR - One of the finest racers ever. Does it beat Gran Turismo? In some aspects yes, in the 'user-definable' category, no.

SSX Tricky - First snowboard game I've played and very good, very quick, fun to play, great music

Burnout 2 - Not exactly realistic in any way, but if it's arcade thrills you want, this is very good. The overall speed of the game and crashes make it exhilarating. Prefer PGR though.

FIFA 2003 - Very good football game, good fun on one player, but great fun on multiplayer.

Max Payne - A great game, played all the way through as soon as I got it. Ageing a bit I suppose, but still extremely good and one of my favourites.

Mech Assault - Good fun for a while, although the one player does get a little tedious. I need LIVE really to play it properly. Still, not bad.

Morrowind - Played for a few hours, couldn't really get into it. I realise it is a very detailed RPG of the highest quality, but it just didn't grab me. Maybe I'll get into it more in the future.

KOTOR - Very, very good. Welcome to the star wars universe, detailed, user definable, and with a great story. Haven't got far yet, but am enjoying it a lot.

Enter the Matrix - loved it when I got it, after several hours it quickly got repetitive though. Still, the fighting is very good, and I enjoyed all the FMV. Yet to finish.

Ok, that's all I got .....
Sun 14/09/03 at 21:05
I have 80+ xbox games and i cant even think how many pc and DC games i have. SO i will just name a few xbox ones.

1. Halo - Is well, was an excellent game, one of the first co-op play wasnt it? I think it was very good, especially in 2 player. But gets boring after a while and you can never really get the spirit to go back and play on it. Shame really it is a good game.

2. Project Gotham Racing - I like this game, excellent graphics and the cars look great. It gives you hours of game play, i think i have spent 14-15 hours playing on it all together.

3. Shenmue 2 - Excellent game, excellent graphics and very good game play. It kept me amused gor hours, but more on the DC when i completed it the first time. Any one who has not tried this game, you should.

4. Futerama - Um, some of the humor in it is great, the graphics are good for the cartoony kind of game. Um, i wouldnt of gone out and bought it if i knew it was going to be like that. But still my 7 year old brother loves it.

5. Big Mother Truckers - Graphics are ok, could of been better, the police do too much damage to your truck. The bikers chase you and do too much damage, more then i would of liked. Not very good / long levels.
Overall it is ok, not the best game in the world though. Also the handelling is nearly impossible to keep your truck on the road.

6. Splinter Cell - Excellent, graphics are sooo sweeett, game play is excellent, very few glitches. The AI is pretty good. Just lots of cool things to do and lots of good gadgets.

7. Crazy taxi - Um, i dont think that it is as good as crazy taxi 2 on the dreamcast, but still it's good for a quick mess around when you are bored. Graphics arent all that either.

8. Knights of the old republic - Um, it's ok i guess, you kinda have to like that kind of game. But the graphics are pretty good, and if you like starwars then this would be a good game for you.

9. The Sims - Yer it's ok, personally i think it is better on the pc because it doesnt give you goals to do, and i have had enough of playing it on the pc. But it is an ok game for it's kind.

10. DOA vollyball - What can i say, pretty ladies and good game play. Is there another vollybally game for a console? I like the naked cheat :P

11. Bloodwake - A good boat game, the only boat game i have on Xbox, but it is good and the graphics are ok, they could be improved. Overall though it is a good game.

12. The italian job - It's fun to have a drive around and drive on 2 wheels, but the graphics i think are poor. It's ok, but i dont think i will be doing many of the missions.

12. Jet set radio future - The first game i got with the xbox, i thought it was really good, i loved playing it. The cartoony graphics were very good and the game play was excellent. I could spend hours on it at a time.

12. Sega GT 2002 - A good racing game, doesn't quite meet the standards as Project gotham racing, i cant say too much about it because i have only played it a few time. But the graphics are ok.

13. Colin Mcrae rally 3 - I love this game, i used to play it all the time, it's the best rally simulation game on the market, and the graphics are outstanding. I could play on it for hours, i love beating my dad in 2 player mode :D

14. Unreal Championship - an ok game, it lags a bit though, especially when you are playing in 2,3 or 4 players, it jogs so much. But ok game play, i quite like it. Controlls are a bit hard i think.

15. Simpsons road rage - A great little game to mess around with your mates. The actual mission levels i dont think are very fun, its better in 2 player. But it is basically crazy taxi with 2 players.

16. Blinx - Um, an ok game, some of the stuff you have to do is a bit hard for that kind of game. The graphics are amazing. A fun game.

17. ATC quadbiking 2 - I like this game, some of the races are ok, but i like just going into the arena and doing lots of stunts. It's also fun to play tag in 2 player :D

18. Shrek super party - This game is for my brother, i personally think that it is crap, the graphics are crap and the game play is crap. But it is aimed towards smaller children. My 7 year old brother loves it.

19. Dark summit - Not a bad little snow boarding game, some of the tricks are a little hard to dom but hey for ฃ10 its good.

20. The Tasmainian Tiger - I found this game really good, i bought it for my brother, and played it quite alot. The graphics really are excellent and it has really fun game play.

A list of all my xbox games:

• ATV 2 – Quad power racing
• Unreal championship
• Knockout Kings 2002
• Simpson’s Road rage
• Ghost Recon
• Gauntlet Dark Legacy
• Pack Man world
• Amped
• Halo
• Wreckless
• Colin McRae Rally 3
• Sega GT 2002
• Jet Set Radio Future
• Blood wake
• Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3
• Fifa world cup 2002
• Splinter Cell
• Toe Jam and Earl
• Chase
• Crazy Taxi 3
• Shenmue 2
• Rally Fusion
• Dead or alive extreme Volleyball
• Genma Onimush
• Blinx the time sweeper
• Shrek super party
• The Tasmanian tiger
• Turok
• Crash Bandicoot
• Time Splitters
• Spider Man
• Medal of Honor
• Desert storm
• The thing
• Oddworld Munch`s Oddysee
• Dead to Rights
• Minority report
• UFC Tapout
• Burnout
• Moto GP
• Project Gotham racing
• Serious Sam
• Time Splitters
• Rallisport challenge
• Dark Summit
• Rocky
• Sea Blade
• The Sims
• Big Mother Truckers
• Silent hill
• House of the dead 3
• SSX Tricky
• Kakuto Chosin
• Marvel VS Capcom 2
• Nick Party Blast
• Snooker
• Star wars Knights of the old republic
• Futerama
Monopoly

• Hulk •
• Racing evolution
• Conflict Desert storm
• Buffy
• Alien VS Predator
• The Italian Job
• X Marbles
• X Pong
• Ballzy
• Breakout X 3D
• Centipede
• Invader X
• Fuzion Frenzy
• Super Bubble Pop
• Petit Copter

Well most of them, i have not updated it for a while.
Sun 14/09/03 at 23:17
Regular
"relocated"
How do you find the time to play all these games? Catheters?
Sun 14/09/03 at 23:39
Regular
"Remember me?"
I'd like to know how the fook you AFFORD all those games.
Mon 15/09/03 at 00:13
Regular
"relocated"
My first guess would be 'mummy' and my second guess would be 'daddy'.
Mon 15/09/03 at 00:26
Regular
"8==="
This list is in order of last played:

1. MGS2: Started it on easy, has good replay value, only just on the second mission. A refreshingly different approach.

2. Brute Force: Absolutely fantastic squad based shooter. The muliplayer is an absolute godsend.

3. RAW: Great collision detection, great engine, great items and weapons system. Great.

4. Whacked: Misunderstood. Like a collection of missed modes from CBFD. Varied and containing some inspired levels. Don't get this is you have no friends. :P

5. Red Faction 2: Nearest thing to Perfect Dark on the Xbox at the moment.

6. State of Emergency: Interesting concept, adequate gameplay, good multiplayer.

7. Burnout 2: Classic. One of those games you tear through in a weekend. It's style and multiplayer keeps me coming back.

8. Buffy: Almost finished it. A good adventure-fighter. Certainly a worthier purchase than a beat'em up in my opinion.

9. Rallisport: Perfectly balanced rally game, fun first, realism second.
I have rocketed through the first two leagues. This game really lets you shove other cars about and has a good variety of modes.

10. Ghost Recon: Great realistic shooter. Compliments Desert Storm well in any collection.

11. Hitman 2: So many varied levels of play for each level plus unlockable weapons. Certainly for those who like Splinter Cell and/or Metal Gear Solid.

12. Mechassault: Tried to play through it a second time but I haven't really come back to it. Needs Live.

13. Morrowind: Everyone should own this. So much variety. It seems to scare off a lot of people with it's immersive gameplay.

14. Fuzion Frenzy: This is why I don't play the Mario Party games anymore. A perfect drinking game. It really has to be played using the full six areas.

15. Splinter Cell: Damn good. Nicely varied levels and although it employs a bit of trial and error gameplay it is not annoying to have to start a level again because it's such a joy to play.

16. Phantom Crash: Will last you longer than Mech Assault offline. Plenty of custom options, a pretty unique experience especially with the Japanese style.

17. Nightfire: Great multiplayer, especially when playing last man standing type games. Good varied Multiplayer levels. Single player really sucks however.

18. Halo: I need to play through this again. Xbox's flagship title whether Microsoft like it or not. Sheer brilliance throughout.

19. RTCW: Once you get to the second chapter this game really takes off as it borrows heavily from Goldeneye. 2 player co-op doesn't do it any harm either.

20. MoH: Good sniper-based multiplayer. One player is ok but there is little replay value to be had. Too confining compared to RTCW.

21. Azurik: Hardly an RPG more of a platform-adventure. Good stuff considering I normally don't like these sort of games. The magic system is nicely implemented and really adds something to the genre. The free-roaming is good if you know what you're doing, which I do.

22. TS2: Too arcadey next to my other shooters. Bots can be extremely stupid. A big dumb shooter which is still worth owning for the sheer amount of options and acceptable multiplayer mode. Just a bit too wobbly to be a classic.

23. Robot Wars: Simple yet fun multiplayer, push your mates Robot infront of a train. Enough startegy so it doesn't bore but simple enough for instant 'pick up and play' fun.

24. Serious Sam: Space Invaders the FPS version. The ultimate game for fighting off a horde of aliens. Varied, fun and really quite excellent.

25. Desert Storm: Great game. Plenty of replay value. Different ways to approach missions. Vehicles. Crying out for a deathmatch mode since it can do large levels with 4 players. Why SCi didn't include one is puzzling since it really would be an easy addition to make.

26. Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance. Diablo for Xbox but without the crappy 'point and click' interface. Plenty of replay value.

27. Quantum Redshift: Good single player, not so great multiplayer. Xbox's Wipeout. Will be in the post to El Robin tomorrow.

28. Unreal Championship: Sitting at the back of the collection waiting for Live. Standard deathmatch blaster really. Plenty of bots and big levels. Really should dig this out again actually.
Mon 15/09/03 at 00:29
Regular
that's an impressive list, of course, lacking knights of the old school :D
Mon 15/09/03 at 00:48
Regular
"8==="
I have a lot of time to pour into Morrowind first! :D
Mon 15/09/03 at 19:04
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
unknown kernel wrote:
> My first guess would be 'mummy' and my second guess would be 'daddy'.

Or they are copies.
Mon 15/09/03 at 20:28
Regular
"  "
1) SEGA GT 2002- Great racing game.
2) Jet Set Future- In a nuteshell? Boring.
3) Max Payne- Played on PC before but still good
4) Oddworld- Great but not a classic like the PSOne origninals.
Mon 15/09/03 at 21:14
Regular
"8==="
TGMbloke wrote:
>
> Really? This game is stupidly cheap now, but I avoided as it looked a
> bit cheap and nasty. But is it good then? I may get it if you can
> promise me it is.

Multiplayer-wise it's great. Really well balanced and full of varied games.

(I trust your judgement better than the mags you
> see,

Cheers! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.