GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where did Galleon go?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/09/03 at 23:20
Regular
"Conker the King"
Does anyone know what happened to the much anticipated game GALLEON, produeced by the guy that created Lara Croft. Has it been released and I missed it? Has it been canned? Or is it still in production (God help us)!

It was on the original demo disc for the Cube in May 2002 so surely its finished by now!

Anyone out there with any info?
Wed 17/09/03 at 12:27
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Hedfix wrote:
> I saw footage a long while back.

Thats what im saying... you admit it was a long while back... things may have improved since, its just a little premature to knock a game that hasnt been released yet, if it turns out to be a big pile of poo then i'll be the first to admit it but until then i think its a little too early to say if its gonna suck or not.

Lets hope its worth the wait.
Wed 17/09/03 at 12:52
Regular
I actually think Galleon looked very playable and that was looking a footage over a year ago... whose to know where it's at now!
Wed 17/09/03 at 13:23
Regular
"8==="
Actually average, single player games like Galleon really don't hold my interest.
Wed 17/09/03 at 17:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ah yes, that average game we haven't played.

I know it well.
Wed 17/09/03 at 17:25
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Galleon looked all right.

Yes, maybe the graphics weren't up to typical Gamecube standard, but the game looked relatively playable and seemed to have a plotline worth talking about.
Wed 17/09/03 at 19:29
Regular
It was like a fully 3D playable version of Monkey Island.

Bring it on :P
Wed 17/09/03 at 21:27
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
It was meant to be out 26th September, but now it's been pushed back to NOV/DEC 2003. It's been in development for yonks, and just think if it's still crap the magazine's will slate it terribly!!!! I don't know where ever to laugh or cry. :( It's sadly not on my Xmas list.... Looks OK though.
Thu 18/09/03 at 07:06
Regular
"8==="
Cyclone wrote:
> Ah yes, that average game we haven't played.
>
> I know it well.

There's a lot of them around.
Thu 18/09/03 at 09:31
Regular
Average games that we seem to know are average despite not playing it yet...

oh yes.
Thu 18/09/03 at 11:05
Regular
"8==="
A few examples of average games I've not played:

95% of all beat em ups
80% of all racers
95% of all platform games
95% of all adventure games
95% of all sonic games

What would I call an average game? One that wouldn't warrant my attention beyond a days play.

I don't need to have played a Tomb-raider like game to know I will not like it and that I will find it average at best.

One glance at Galleon and I can tell it is not the game for me:

1. It's not Zelda
2. It's by the guy who made the pilr of crap that was Tomb Raider
3. I hate 99% of platform adventures
4. It has no muliplayer and even if it did have some it would hardly be any good judging by the nature of the game.

Calling it 'average' was actually me being nice.

The game looks like it'd make a good doorstop and I have no doubt that this is not worthy of my games collection.

I won't be playing it, I know I won't like it: it will be average at best.

Don't like it? You can shove your sarcastic quips where the sun don't shine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.