GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Where did Galleon go?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/09/03 at 23:20
Regular
"Conker the King"
Does anyone know what happened to the much anticipated game GALLEON, produeced by the guy that created Lara Croft. Has it been released and I missed it? Has it been canned? Or is it still in production (God help us)!

It was on the original demo disc for the Cube in May 2002 so surely its finished by now!

Anyone out there with any info?
Tue 16/09/03 at 23:20
Regular
"Conker the King"
Does anyone know what happened to the much anticipated game GALLEON, produeced by the guy that created Lara Croft. Has it been released and I missed it? Has it been canned? Or is it still in production (God help us)!

It was on the original demo disc for the Cube in May 2002 so surely its finished by now!

Anyone out there with any info?
Wed 17/09/03 at 10:25
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I copied this straight from Nintendo's official magazine site, URL...

http://www.nintendomagazine.co.uk/

Galleon looks great, and even greater in brand new shots released by Confounding Factor today. Now, it'd be really nice if somebody could just release the bloody thing. Is anyone out there listening?
Sorry, but it's just that we want it so. The game has been in the works for around five years, with the development process being guided by the steady hand of Lara Croft creator Toby Gard.

As you can see from the shots, the title is taking on a far more polished look as it nears release, giving GameCube and Xbox fans every reason to be cheerful. Gard unfortunately admitted recently that a recently confirmed PC version is only a possibility and that there are no solid plans for a PS2 version.

Galleon is a Disney-esque adventure following the exploits of Captain Rhama Sabrier as he attempts to thwart a baddie and save various maidens along the way. Gard has constantly pointed to the complexity and intuitive aspects of the control system, and considering the success of Tomb Raider, you should obviously be watching this very carefully indeed.

Galleon releases in December. Hopefully.

That was a straight copy/paste... looks like Dec 2003 if all goes well.

I hope that helps :)

Rabid.
Wed 17/09/03 at 10:31
Regular
"aliens exist"
or more importantly, - who cares it looks crap anyway. crap n64 graphics, crap idea, crap game
Wed 17/09/03 at 10:33
Regular
"8==="
Untitled just summed my opinion of it.
Wed 17/09/03 at 10:33
Regular
"8==="
*Summed up
Wed 17/09/03 at 10:40
Regular
"Conker the King"
Untitled wrote:
> or more importantly, - who cares it looks crap anyway. crap n64
> graphics, crap idea, crap game

N64 graphics were not and are not crap!
Now get to your room!
Wed 17/09/03 at 10:43
Regular
"8==="
N64 4 EVA wrote:
>
> N64 graphics were not and are not crap!

True enough. But Galleon does look rubbish next to Windwalker etc
Wed 17/09/03 at 10:57
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
I think its pretty impossible to say how good or bad it looks when it hasnt even been released yet.

Sure people have seen screenshots but do you know that they are recent screenies? and even if they were theres far more to a game than just eye-candy, i thought you would realise this :p
Wed 17/09/03 at 11:47
Regular
"8==="
I saw footage a long while back. Might've been FMV.
Wed 17/09/03 at 11:53
Regular
"Conker the King"
Untitled wrote:
> or more importantly, - who cares it looks crap anyway. crap n64
> graphics, crap idea, crap game

I actually thought it looked quite good!
At least its something different.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.