GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Atomic_Koala - User Banned! 124 5492"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/09/01 at 22:28
Regular
FINALLY WORKED OUT HE/SHE COPIED ALL THE REVIEWS THAT WON HIM/HER SO MANY GAMES?

Well done to you :)

Next time LISTEN.
Wed 26/09/01 at 09:45
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Logan wrote:
> loki wrote:
> Cheats are fine to add from other sources as games companies
> put them in there
> for people to find and promote. A cheat is not a matter
> of opinion or
> creativity, it is just a series of keypresses which is in
> the public
> domain.

We consider that sharing cheats (from whatever
> source) with others is
> totally different from using written opinions from
> other sources and passing
> them off as your own.

Exactly... but this is
> exactly why I posted about cheats... because why should a cheat that can be
> copied win a game over, say, an original review that has taken time. There is no
> problem with copying cheats... after all, a majority of them come from game
> developers anyway... but to win a game from this?

The fact is that by adding cheats you are sharing this knowledge with other users of our site, helping to make UKcheats.com more comprehensive. Although more creativity does go into writing your own review, whether you are reviewing a game or adding a batch of cheats you are making more information available for other users, therefore making the site a more enjoyable place for gamers to visit. That's why you are eligable to win a prize.
Tue 25/09/01 at 23:03
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Rakuga wrote:
> I think you are forgetting this guy has like stolen from Special Reserve.
> Special Reserve gave him games on the terms that he wrote the reviews. Therefore
> it's sort of like they are giving him games/films for what he's done.

So
> technically he's been stealing from Special Reserve and he should be prosecuted.
> I'm sure SR can find some way to do so. :)

Dosn't that fall into certain laws to do with copyright infringement. If SR could contact the original writer of the reviews then they could indeed sue for the money they lost (they have got his address) as Im sure most of you wouldn't want something you worked hard on to be "stolen" and used by someone else to give them an easy win.. Let this be a warning for those who do it and so far havn't been found out.
Tue 25/09/01 at 20:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Dan is dumb.

;-)
Tue 25/09/01 at 19:27
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I think you are forgetting this guy has like stolen from Special Reserve. Special Reserve gave him games on the terms that he wrote the reviews. Therefore it's sort of like they are giving him games/films for what he's done.

So technically he's been stealing from Special Reserve and he should be prosecuted. I'm sure SR can find some way to do so. :)
Tue 25/09/01 at 16:15
"I hate that!!!"
it's got 2 be stopped
Mon 24/09/01 at 20:20
Regular
thats forgery isnt it get goods by false some thing or other
Sun 23/09/01 at 19:54
Regular
You think that "most people copy reviews"? I'd disagree with that - if the problem is anywhere, the reviews that win aren't really any good.

Besides, what's to stop journalists and would-be journalists writing material that can be equal to a professional standard.

Everything I've put on here is original, and, while I am sure that there are some people who copy things, I'd say that a majority is original.

OK, I'm going to stop babbling, no-one really cares what I think (I'm only an insignificant Pig), so I'll shut up.

See Ya ;-)

PinkPig

P.s. Dan, I'm intrigued. Am I someone who is "known"? Or do you have to write 50000+ posts for that honour? ;-)

Ah well

See Ya
Thu 20/09/01 at 18:22
loki wrote:
> Cheats are fine to add from other sources as games companies put them in there
> for people to find and promote. A cheat is not a matter of opinion or
> creativity, it is just a series of keypresses which is in the public
> domain.

We consider that sharing cheats (from whatever source) with others is
> totally different from using written opinions from other sources and passing
> them off as your own.

Exactly... but this is exactly why I posted about cheats... because why should a cheat that can be copied win a game over, say, an original review that has taken time. There is no problem with copying cheats... after all, a majority of them come from game developers anyway... but to win a game from this?
Thu 20/09/01 at 17:33
Regular
Ie is totally unfair for us people who take time in typing our own reviews. I'm shocked in AK!
Thu 20/09/01 at 17:32
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
loki wrote:
> Cheats are fine to add from other sources as games companies put them in there
> for people to find and promote. A cheat is not a matter of opinion or
> creativity, it is just a series of keypresses which is in the public
> domain.

We consider that sharing cheats (from whatever source) with others is
> totally different from using written opinions from other sources and passing
> them off as your own.

Well said Loki!

And what would UKcheats.com be like if you removed every copied cheat?

Nearly empty methinks!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.