GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CSS help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/06/06 at 22:25
Regular
Okay I'm having a CSS problem with my site, I have a bar with links in "block", at the moment the blocks are aligned on the left. How do I go about centering them in the middle?

Thanks in advanced :)

#block {
float:left;
clear:both;
background-color: #DEDECE;
width: 768px;
height:26px;
border-left: #A5A5A5 solid 1px;
border-right: #A5A5A5 solid 1px;
border-bottom: #A5A5A5 solid 1px;
}

#block a {
text-align: center;
width: 90px;
text-decoration: none;
line-height: 26px;
display: block;
float: left;
}

#block a:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
}

#block span {
line-height: 25px;
}

<div id="block">
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page1</a><span>|</span>
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page2</a><span>|</span>
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page3</a><span>|</span>
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page4</a>
</div>

Mon 07/08/06 at 19:48
Regular
I sorted the problems I mentioned before. New problem. I got rid of the ticker box as I didn't really need it because I can do the changes with these right?

Anyway when I got rid of the ticker box, it broke the page and went next to the thing above it. So I added float: left; to 3 of the things below. Should I have done that? It stopped it from breaking the page so I moved on. I want to a space between the things above and below it. Can I & Where do I place the padding/margin bit.

After that the ticker is sorted and the world it as peace once more.

10 gold stars to the man (or lady) who helps this poor fool, thats how much I want this finish and working/looking good.

/*------------ TICKER ------------*/
a.tickl{
font-family:Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
font-size:11px;
line-height:12px;
text-decoration:none;
color:#003000;
font-weight:bold;
}
a.tickl:hover{
color:#ff0000;
text-decoration:none;
}
.ticki{
width:629px;
height:13px;
overflow:hidden;
color:#003000;
}
.ticko{
width:629px;
border-top:1px solid #cccccc;
border-bottom:1px solid #cccccc;
padding:4px 0 4px 0;
margin:4px 0 2px 0;
display:block;
}
.tickls{
color:#666666;
}
.tickh{
display:none;
}
Mon 07/08/06 at 19:48
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Sheesh, just upload what you've done and show it to us.
Mon 07/08/06 at 19:53
Regular
aww but I'm saving it for the big unveiling :'(
Mon 07/08/06 at 20:06
Regular
12 gold stars?? :(

okay nevermind, I'll just stick it in the ticker box again.

Who knew building a website could be so frustrating.
Mon 07/08/06 at 20:27
Regular
Thanks again for the Ticker Hmmm :D it's great! Just what I wanted and looks great now that it's all sort ^_-
Mon 07/08/06 at 20:30
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> Who knew building a website could be so frustrating.

I can assure its not as frustrating as trying to help people who dont want to post the things they want help with. :P
Mon 07/08/06 at 20:42
Regular
Surely you can look at all the coding and picture it how it should be in your imagination cant you? ;D heh sorry Garin.

I'm working on the javascript layer thing now, so please tell me if you know of any problems with javascript layers and browser support. I don't want to set it all up to find out AOL browser doesnt like it. You're my "Go to Guy" so should I be cautious?

After some searching I came across this guys example here which is what I'm after, just going to do some testing.
Mon 07/08/06 at 21:06
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Its possible it wont work on some browsers, it'll ultimately depend on the code you use though. Theres work arounds for alot of the browser differences, just a matter of whether what you use takes care of this (or uses methods that work cross-browser).

What you linked to looks pretty nice though. I'd imagine it works in most modern browsers.
Mon 07/08/06 at 21:15
Regular
Ah that's good then, just trying to shove it into one of my page. It works, just it wants to overlap several things above it where I want it. hmm maybe if I add a float:left; into one of these divs.

Something tells me I cant solve all my CSS problems by adding float:left; hehe
Mon 07/08/06 at 21:41
Regular
Problem 1: How to stop the javascript layers from overlapping the other div above it (in IE its under the div above)
Check for Errors: Is the ticker coding okay?

Please click here to view the problem(s) listed above. Thnx :^)

;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.