GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CSS help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/06/06 at 22:25
Regular
Okay I'm having a CSS problem with my site, I have a bar with links in "block", at the moment the blocks are aligned on the left. How do I go about centering them in the middle?

Thanks in advanced :)

#block {
float:left;
clear:both;
background-color: #DEDECE;
width: 768px;
height:26px;
border-left: #A5A5A5 solid 1px;
border-right: #A5A5A5 solid 1px;
border-bottom: #A5A5A5 solid 1px;
}

#block a {
text-align: center;
width: 90px;
text-decoration: none;
line-height: 26px;
display: block;
float: left;
}

#block a:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
}

#block span {
float: left;
line-height: 25px;
}

<div id="block">
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page1</a><span>|</span>
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page2</a><span>|</span>
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page3</a><span>|</span>
<a href="test.html" class="pagelink">Page4</a>
</div>

Tue 07/11/06 at 11:07
Regular
Yes I'll have a go and post the link in here when it's up. :)
Mon 06/11/06 at 17:11
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Well, you're not the first person to have ever done that :) I'll keep any eye out for it.

Still, you should probably put a waiting page there, just to at least identify the web address as being your own, and to give the likes of Google a heads up that you're there, as it can take a while to be listed, so best to get in as early as you can :)
Mon 06/11/06 at 09:53
Regular
cjh wrote:
> I tell you what Machie, that site is absolutely fantastic. I love
> the layout, and those packages you offer are nicely priced ...
> and this live support, do you run this yourself, or have you
> hired staff?
>
> Okay Machie, enough is enough, where is this web site of yours
> :)

heh, I'm working on it right now, it'll definitely be up before Christmas so I really need to get working on it. My problem is I think too big when I really should start off small and build from there.
Wed 01/11/06 at 21:41
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I tell you what Machie, that site is absolutely fantastic. I love the layout, and those packages you offer are nicely priced ... and this live support, do you run this yourself, or have you hired staff?

Okay Machie, enough is enough, where is this web site of yours :)
Fri 08/09/06 at 17:56
Regular
You're right, that's a good idea. I'm not sure why but I've already had a few people find my site, the search engines have made an appearance but also some direct hits like through a bookmark. Doubt it's from someone here as one was from America.
Fri 08/09/06 at 17:46
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the update.

Previously you were quite keen on the Search Engine front.
FWIW - I would recommend putting up a tasteful 'coming soon' page, dropping some keywords for your site etc., before your hosts holding page gets indexed.

Let us know when you decide to launch...
Fri 08/09/06 at 16:47
Regular
Actually the host has been extremely good I'm impressed, if anything Garin gets negative points for not mentioning them sooner ;)

Oh that's right my site was suppose to launch this Monday :/, not to worry I'm still working away, just expanding it a little to help me in other areas. I'm creating a weekly one panel webcomic for my site. It's something unique for my site and it'll still keep me drawing, not to mention an extra boost in traffic. As I mentioned before I've been working on another webcomic for quite awhile now, infact this website is to help fund it. That's how serious I am about the project. Usually you get people doing a few pages and trying to find ways to earn as much money from it (i.e cafepress etc).

Still the deadline was encouraging so not a total waste, will have a new deadline soon. :)
Mon 04/09/06 at 20:09
"Are you sure?"
Garin wrote:
> Machie wrote:
> Okay it's decided, 4th September* will be my launch date.
>
> ...

I was looking forward to this...
Must be the dodgy host Garin suggested!

Must be serious, I've never seen Machie so quiet ;¬)
Mon 04/09/06 at 12:35
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> Okay it's decided, 4th September* will be my launch date.

Mon 21/08/06 at 18:32
Regular
I did the transfer stuff when I signed up with my new host. I've sent my old host 2 emails and still no reply. This is incredibly annoying, just goes to show how much control I have over something I bought and is suppose to be my property. I tried calling them but after 20 minutes on hold I gave up.

Last time I called them they had their callcentre in India. I could barely understand what the guy was saying.

God knows what I have to do now. All I want is my damn domain name to point to my new host.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.