GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spectrum Classics"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/09/03 at 00:21
Regular
Following the success of the Amiga Classics thread.

Anyone have a speccy? Bask in the nostalgia here!

About 4 colours on screen at any one time, sound effects put to shame by modern mobile phones, loading times of 15 minutes and upwards, games costing £1.50 at ASDA. Golden Age!

So what games did you procure for your little rubber keyed friend?
Mon 03/11/03 at 18:13
Regular
"I like monkeys =)"
Just gimmie a copy of 'The Biz' and 'Rockstar Ate My Hampster' - ahh! the good ol' days :)
Tue 21/10/03 at 17:46
Regular
fruit machine - heh, so much fun, even though the only thing you won was squinty eyes and arthuritic fingers :D
Mon 20/10/03 at 23:58
Regular
I had a few Speccy games based on films:

Sylvester Stallone - Cobra being one I can remember clearly.

If I could find a decent free webhost - I'd put up a catalogue of all the games I own (scan their covers for the world to see :D) and I wouldn't have to keep remembering.

Newzealand Story was brilliant.
Alcatraz Harry was a Mastertronic piece of genius, as was their Formula 1 game which told you how to make your own steering wheel and position it over the keys!
Rareware's Knightlore was quality - atleast, I believe it was them (before they used the Rareware name).

Damn this brings back memories - such as sneaking inside to play fruit machine whilst I was supposed to be helping me dad out in the garden...how rebellious :D
Mon 20/10/03 at 21:37
Regular
haven't heard of that one - I have loads of amiga games, but hardly any speccy ones
Mon 20/10/03 at 11:44
Regular
"you've got a beard"
just found a speccy emulator and bunch of games that came on a pc format cover cd a while back and spent the last hour having a great time on "how to be a complete ba$tard" :)

class!
Mon 20/10/03 at 01:52
Regular
it weren't no console, but it was great, how 48k can create so much enjoyment is beyond me.

does anyone know any good sites where I can download some speccy files for me emulator?
Sun 19/10/03 at 23:55
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The Spectrum was definitely a classic console. Sure, it took twenty minutes to load and then often crashed at the vital last minute, but it had great games. Like the Dizzy series, and Robotcop. And Popeye.

Anyone remember the magazines with demo tapes? They often just featured games made by Spectrum owners and were rubbish, but that was part of their charm. :)
Fri 17/10/03 at 20:00
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I wouldn't exactly expect you to. I can't exactly remember what I've got on my old Pentium 120! :D
Fri 17/10/03 at 18:26
"I love yo... lamp."
I'm sure there was, but it was along time ago and I can't remember most of the games nowadays.
Fri 17/10/03 at 18:24
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
By that I mean strategy games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.