GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ONLINE FPS - we love em but can they make a good one"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/09/03 at 20:03
Regular
"anarchy is da way o"
there are lots of good multiplayer First Person Shooters out now but which is the best.
>my first FPS multiplayer game was DEUS EX MACHINA and it was ok but it got me hooked.
>then i went onto game like Battlefield 1942, Renegade, vietcong, medal of honour allied assault and of course halflife.
>MOHAA is now one of the oldest and still one of the best games for multiplayer and is well liked for its simplicity and it is still the third most played Mplayer FPS according to GAMESPY ARCADE. (i love it but dont play it much anymore)
>Half-life is a good game i never really played it but its ok. this IS the number 1 multiplayer game on gamespy arcade.(i think there are too many expansion packs to get now)
>BF 1942 is an awesome game with a good mix of everything i love it and it is number 2 according to gamespy. (i like the vehicles [most games are taking up the renegade style now of vehicles now] but this is generally a good game)
>C&C renegade is an excellent game that has lots of potential and is very fun i love it (small numbers of player or high pings are the problems here)
>Vietcong is a good tough game which take skill and practice it doesnt have that many players but we all love it really. (my favourite game. look out for me as SW-hellswolfman)
>aliens versus predator2 is a nice gruesome game with good elements and some cute little aliens and some big cudly guns i love it too (so what if im a strange man)

so where will online games take us next and can they ever blend the bets things of ww2, vietnam, outer space and modern anti terrorists units into one beautiful game..... NAH course they cnat but they can improve this lot

and of course jediknight3 comes out soon and i loved the previous ones (i didnt talk about them above cos i wasnt any good at them.

SO CAN THEY MAKE AN ONLINE GAME THAT WILL PASS MY TEST OF EXCELENCE [of course not unless they pay me]
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:03
Regular
"anarchy is da way o"
there are lots of good multiplayer First Person Shooters out now but which is the best.
>my first FPS multiplayer game was DEUS EX MACHINA and it was ok but it got me hooked.
>then i went onto game like Battlefield 1942, Renegade, vietcong, medal of honour allied assault and of course halflife.
>MOHAA is now one of the oldest and still one of the best games for multiplayer and is well liked for its simplicity and it is still the third most played Mplayer FPS according to GAMESPY ARCADE. (i love it but dont play it much anymore)
>Half-life is a good game i never really played it but its ok. this IS the number 1 multiplayer game on gamespy arcade.(i think there are too many expansion packs to get now)
>BF 1942 is an awesome game with a good mix of everything i love it and it is number 2 according to gamespy. (i like the vehicles [most games are taking up the renegade style now of vehicles now] but this is generally a good game)
>C&C renegade is an excellent game that has lots of potential and is very fun i love it (small numbers of player or high pings are the problems here)
>Vietcong is a good tough game which take skill and practice it doesnt have that many players but we all love it really. (my favourite game. look out for me as SW-hellswolfman)
>aliens versus predator2 is a nice gruesome game with good elements and some cute little aliens and some big cudly guns i love it too (so what if im a strange man)

so where will online games take us next and can they ever blend the bets things of ww2, vietnam, outer space and modern anti terrorists units into one beautiful game..... NAH course they cnat but they can improve this lot

and of course jediknight3 comes out soon and i loved the previous ones (i didnt talk about them above cos i wasnt any good at them.

SO CAN THEY MAKE AN ONLINE GAME THAT WILL PASS MY TEST OF EXCELENCE [of course not unless they pay me]
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:05
Regular
"8==="
Apparently the ones on Xbox Live kick ass.

I'm inclined to believe they do.
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:08
Regular
"anarchy is da way o"
yeah but generally u cannot put a good shoot'em up on a console as console have limited power and upgrades and u need a mouse and keyboard or they are a big... ya know... like the french and its better to get a PC console r a waste of time but some games r fun like on gamecube
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:16
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
My first FPS multiplayer game was Unreal Tournament

> MOHAA is now one of the oldest and still one of the best games
> for multiplayer and is well liked for its simplicity and it is still
> the third most played Mplayer FPS according to GAMESPY ARCADE. (i
> love it but dont play it much anymore)

The best FPS, although it isn't a specifically multiplayer one, is Perfect Dark. But it is great in multiplayer!

> Half-life is a good game i never really played it but its ok.
> this IS the number 1 multiplayer game on gamespy arcade.(i think
> there are too many expansion packs to get now)

I hate it when games get liek that, with loads of expansion packs. They are really crap. Sims is the best example of this

> BF 1942 is an awesome game with a good mix of everything i love
> it and it is number 2 according to gamespy. (i like the vehicles
> [most games are taking up the renegade style now of vehicles now] but
> this is generally a good game)

You really liek GameSpy don't you? I never played BF 1942!

> so where will online games take us next and can they ever blend the
> bets things of ww2, vietnam, outer space and modern anti terrorists
> units into one beautiful game..... NAH course they cnat but they can
> improve this lot

Online gaming will be the future when everyone has broadband, but currently I think it's pretty rap. Online will probably be the only way to play multiplayer in teh future sometime
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:19
Regular
"anarchy is da way o"
shut up twain i agree with perfect dark but i touched my errogonous zones over the sims.

and can u help me with mmy science homework
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I played UT online.

Sucked really.

I haven't got BB, so I don't really care.

I doubt anything in multi will compare to something like Mario Kart, F-Zero, SSBM or CDS co-op with mates. Its too muchfun, because your opponents are right there.
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:21
Regular
"anarchy is da way o"
yeah co-op is good i dont have BB but i pretend i do so they dont kick my 56k ass out
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:22
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
hellswolfman wrote:
> shut up twain i agree with perfect dark but i touched my errogonous
> zones over the sims.
>
> and can u help me with mmy science homework

The Sims was a complete waste of my time! I spent ages downloading ti off Kazaa! lol!

And thank god you agree with me!

Tell me about the homework on MSN
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:22
Regular
"8==="
hellswolfman wrote:
> yeah but generally u cannot put a good shoot'em up on a console as
> console have limited power and upgrades

Standardisation helps rather than hindering. The Xbox is powerful enough as it is dedicated to gaming.

and u need a mouse and
> keyboard or they are a big... ya know...

Personally I can't stand FPS games with mouse and keyboard. It just feels wrong.

like the french and its
> better to get a PC console r a waste of time

Nope. Standardisation allows everyone to have a better game and prevents cheating plus it's cheaper to get a few Xbox's rather than shell out for a couple of PC's for online play and have to go through the hassle of tuning and upgrading them.
Wed 24/09/03 at 20:26
Regular
"anarchy is da way o"
well buying any microsoft product is a waster of time.
standardisation disalows personalization and provokes facism.

and my pc xould outrun that lil x-box anyday and it only cost me 200 so i shall now moch you. muahahahaha

and no twain i wont ill ask u tomorrow but i gotta watch gone in 60 seconds

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.