GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ONLINE FPS - we love em but can they make a good one"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/09/03 at 20:03
Regular
"anarchy is da way o"
there are lots of good multiplayer First Person Shooters out now but which is the best.
>my first FPS multiplayer game was DEUS EX MACHINA and it was ok but it got me hooked.
>then i went onto game like Battlefield 1942, Renegade, vietcong, medal of honour allied assault and of course halflife.
>MOHAA is now one of the oldest and still one of the best games for multiplayer and is well liked for its simplicity and it is still the third most played Mplayer FPS according to GAMESPY ARCADE. (i love it but dont play it much anymore)
>Half-life is a good game i never really played it but its ok. this IS the number 1 multiplayer game on gamespy arcade.(i think there are too many expansion packs to get now)
>BF 1942 is an awesome game with a good mix of everything i love it and it is number 2 according to gamespy. (i like the vehicles [most games are taking up the renegade style now of vehicles now] but this is generally a good game)
>C&C renegade is an excellent game that has lots of potential and is very fun i love it (small numbers of player or high pings are the problems here)
>Vietcong is a good tough game which take skill and practice it doesnt have that many players but we all love it really. (my favourite game. look out for me as SW-hellswolfman)
>aliens versus predator2 is a nice gruesome game with good elements and some cute little aliens and some big cudly guns i love it too (so what if im a strange man)

so where will online games take us next and can they ever blend the bets things of ww2, vietnam, outer space and modern anti terrorists units into one beautiful game..... NAH course they cnat but they can improve this lot

and of course jediknight3 comes out soon and i loved the previous ones (i didnt talk about them above cos i wasnt any good at them.

SO CAN THEY MAKE AN ONLINE GAME THAT WILL PASS MY TEST OF EXCELENCE [of course not unless they pay me]
Tue 07/10/03 at 16:01
Regular
"anarchy is da way o"
o...k right.

well i own u all.

when do i get a free game of here anyway.
Fri 03/10/03 at 20:40
Regular
Lol of course not :p
Thu 02/10/03 at 21:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
I own Tactical Ops.

Apart from Sniper. I don't own him...not usually anyway. :P
Tue 30/09/03 at 20:50
Regular
"anarchy is da way o"
but.
getting back to the point.
the PC with vietcong, renegade,mohaa,deus ex, bf 1942 is THE daddy so in your face SONY.
Tue 30/09/03 at 20:48
Regular
"anarchy is da way o"
u god damn right.
do you expect me to sit there and learn.
only tom would do that hey twain.
Tue 30/09/03 at 19:52
Regular
"8==="
hellswolfman wrote:
>
> and u are so right about my spelling bu what do you expect from
> someone who spends his english lessons looking down some birds top.

Reminds me of an episode of Teachers.
Tue 30/09/03 at 19:46
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I still don't see any in the original post, but I see in that last one!
Mon 29/09/03 at 17:34
Regular
"anarchy is da way o"
U god damn right about counterstrike.

i never use gamespy arcade cept for getting demos.

i love BF1942 but i think vietcong is better i need some more realism sometimes. (and i get anoyed on bf1942 with submarine torpedo's being so weak)

and u are so right about my spelling bu what do you expect from someone who spends his english lessons looking down some birds top.
Sun 28/09/03 at 13:10
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Just a small collection, "c ya tomorrow", "games r fun", "console r a waste", "u have", "u cant" and so on and so forth.

Anyway, this is straying from the point of the original post, so I'll rap it up by saying: Battlefield 1942 is the best online FPS out there, Gamespy is an absolute rubbish piece of software, Online gaming is *not* the future of multiplayer gaming or gaming in general and Counterstrike is utter pish.
Sun 28/09/03 at 12:31
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Where? The only problem I saw was a lack of capital letters where needed

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.