GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Guess what I thought when I played Halo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Thu 25/09/03 at 22:52
"Worf son of mogue"
this game sucks
Fri 26/09/03 at 16:01
Regular
"8==="
He was also antagonising in Chat.
Fri 26/09/03 at 15:59
Regular
Unbeliever wrote:
> Erm..why did this guy get banned?
>
> I've heard worse comments before. Surely saying a game is rubbish
> doesn't merit a banning? Unless he did something else? Or maybe a
> staffie was so enraged by the ignorance of the poster that he
> immediately banned him lest he kept posting his clearly nonsensical
> views?
>
> *frowns*
>
> I was just curious. I don't really care.

He posted on the Nintendo forum a while ago saying something was terrible I think wind waker, not sure but maybe he just kept doing it and ran out of chances with the staff. :)
Fri 26/09/03 at 15:54
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Erm..why did this guy get banned?

I've heard worse comments before. Surely saying a game is rubbish doesn't merit a banning? Unless he did something else? Or maybe a staffie was so enraged by the ignorance of the poster that he immediately banned him lest he kept posting his clearly nonsensical views?

*frowns*

I was just curious. I don't really care.
Fri 26/09/03 at 15:37
Regular
Rosalind wrote:
> I guess everyone wants to feel they have invested in the right
> console, and that they haven't wasted their money on something thats
> going to be dead in a year.

Exactly, they want to justify their purchase. Usually by being a little biased, and/or following thr crowd...
Fri 26/09/03 at 14:16
Regular
"Touched!"
Guess what he thought? Well guess what i think - you should keep your grubby paws off that Xbox pad and go back to being a full time a hole.
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:32
Regular
Exactly.
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:30
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Yeah your right.

It bugs me when people want a game to fail because they have a console that the game isn't appearing on. Even when I only owned a PS2 I don't think I was like that. Sure it was annoying when a new game came out I wanted and it was on a console I didn't have, but that doesn't mean I wanted that game to be bad.

I guess everyone wants to feel they have invested in the right console, and that they haven't wasted their money on something thats going to be dead in a year. To me the fanboys of this world seem a little insecure.
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:26
Regular
Ros.

Theres a difference - You don't like Halo. Thats fine - Its not like everyone has to like it.

Its when people start saying things like "Oh another person who doesn't like Halo - hahaha THE EX-BOX SUCKS CAUSE IT HAZ NO GUD GAMEZ. GETTIT? I SAID EX-BOX HAHAHGAHAHAHA!!!1!!"121"

And thank god the idiot who wrote this post is banned.
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I like Halo.
I love KOTR
I like Rocky

Most of my games I enjoy are PC/Xbox. Guess I choke on the Microsoft sword then?
Cool.
Fri 26/09/03 at 12:13
Regular
There is a difference. You don't like Halo. You didn't come ranting on about how it sucks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.