GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A break from gaming every how often?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/09/03 at 13:33
Regular
Was it 15 minutes break for every hour or for every day?

Many years ago I could go to my friend's house and we'd play Fifa on his megadrive for hours, we'd just lose track of time completely.
Games that can do that seem to be getting rare these days.
However....

Yesterday at around 1.30, 2pm I was mowing the garden when it started raining. 2 o'clock, maybe 2.30 and I was starting up Skies of Arcadia.

5.30 I decided to stop.

'No problem there' you say?

It was 5.30 AM! ¦^|

Yep, with around 10 or 15 minutes for lunch, no dinner and two toilet breaks, 15 hours of my life slipped by.
The scariest thing was it felt like it could have just been a couple of hours :^S

By the time I went to bed little lights dancing in front of my right eye, drool all down my shirt and I was subconsciously chanting 'lambda burst.. pukow'.
I fell straight to sleep though.
Well, after I collapsed in an epilleptic fit.

One question though: Did anyone else notice the damp-looking mark on fina's robe? Like she's peed herself?

Anyway, I'm off to finish cutting the grass.
Tue 30/09/03 at 23:39
Regular
"accidental superher"
i remember playing shenmue 2 (on dc) for hours on end...cos i didn't realise you could save whenever you wanted. i thought you could only save just before you went to bed (like in shenmue 1). so i had to play like a disk and a half ini one go hehe. finished the whole game in like 2 days.
Tue 30/09/03 at 22:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I kept on looking at the clock, saying 'in half an hour' when I played Skies.

Every half an hour I did that.

It was actually really scary.

Goldeneye, most Zelda games, Mario 64/Sunshine etc have done that, but not quite on the same scal as Skies.
Tue 30/09/03 at 22:41
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Heh, yeah time slips away sometimes. Scary.. well I take a break normally like every hour, get up and move and get something to drink or whatever. Mowing things at 2am.. mad :o)
Tue 30/09/03 at 22:24
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Super Mario 64 for me.

Ooh, pretty much the whole of the first two days after the N64 release. I got about 12 hours sleep in between and the rest of the time was playing that.
Tue 30/09/03 at 22:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
If Conflict Desert Storm ever goes online you won't see me for months.

That, Pro Evo and anything resembling Goldeneye would be the ultimate games online.
Tue 30/09/03 at 22:17
Regular
Probably 8 hours is my record. I've done all-dayers before, but with breaks here and there. I remember Deus Ex, Ocarina of Time and Morrowind in particular. More recently, Knights of the Old Republic on Xbox.
Tue 30/09/03 at 02:05
Regular
Worst for me is about 10am till 2am

Metroid Prime
Mon 29/09/03 at 23:22
Regular
Me + Xbox Live + Soldier of Fortune 2 = Where did that day go?
Mon 29/09/03 at 22:23
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
cookie monster wrote:
> You should take note of those warnings.
>
> I have now developed a recurring eye twitch.

Indeed... the warnings are there for a reason, take heed of them, even if you dont feel you need a break still take 5 mins to do something different every hour at absolute minimum.

Most of us have spent ludicrous amounts of time gaming without taking a suitable break, its nothing unusual at all, you only get one pair of eyes, look after them now to avoid problems later in life and take frequent breaks whilst gaming.

The bottom line is this... the longterm dangers of affected eyesight are genuine, take care of your eyes, take frequent breaks.
Mon 29/09/03 at 22:16
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
Once me and my friend played SSX Tricky for 6 hours straight. I have no idea where the time went.

I've also spent around 8 hours at a time having Bomberman Generation contests with my mates.

Single player games. I played about 15-20 hours of FF7 in one go once, because I love that game. Same as Zelda OOT.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.