GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A break from gaming every how often?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/09/03 at 13:33
Regular
Was it 15 minutes break for every hour or for every day?

Many years ago I could go to my friend's house and we'd play Fifa on his megadrive for hours, we'd just lose track of time completely.
Games that can do that seem to be getting rare these days.
However....

Yesterday at around 1.30, 2pm I was mowing the garden when it started raining. 2 o'clock, maybe 2.30 and I was starting up Skies of Arcadia.

5.30 I decided to stop.

'No problem there' you say?

It was 5.30 AM! ¦^|

Yep, with around 10 or 15 minutes for lunch, no dinner and two toilet breaks, 15 hours of my life slipped by.
The scariest thing was it felt like it could have just been a couple of hours :^S

By the time I went to bed little lights dancing in front of my right eye, drool all down my shirt and I was subconsciously chanting 'lambda burst.. pukow'.
I fell straight to sleep though.
Well, after I collapsed in an epilleptic fit.

One question though: Did anyone else notice the damp-looking mark on fina's robe? Like she's peed herself?

Anyway, I'm off to finish cutting the grass.
Sat 04/10/03 at 17:14
Regular
*Warning: minor Skies spoiler*

Bah. Fighting Ramirez for the second time (Crescent Isle) last night.. well, it was pretty early this morning. I wanted to go to bed, but I figured 'one more bit' - and my half-closed eyes suggested I actually meant it this time.

So I set about taking the little git to pieces - lots of riselm and sacre.. type crystals, some lunar light and a few of that big priate one Vyse does. At first I thought the slow progress on Ramirez's health bar was like the ship battles - where a couple of thousand always looks like it takes away less of the bar at the start of a fight than the end.

About 20 minutes in I started to figure maybe I wasn't supposed to be able to beat him, like last time.
But it's like waiting on hold for ages on a phone call - you want to hang up, but you know that if you have to make the phone call, you'll only call again, and have to start all over again.

About 30 minutes in I figured that if he was supposed to beat me it would have happened by now - I was still keeping in fine shape. So I was trying stuff, looking for a weak spot to exploit.

50 (yes, 50) minutes in (and sick to death of the 'silver eclipse' animation) I gave up and let him finish me off. And yep, I was supposed to do it all along :^(

For f*** sake!
Fri 03/10/03 at 15:04
Regular
Oops, went for another 12 hours last night / this morning.

The quality of that game never fails to impress me.
Thu 02/10/03 at 18:48
PES2 multiplayer usually kills the hours. Especially if your're playing full time matches in a tournament.
Thu 02/10/03 at 18:45
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Ha, I think I get bored to easily.. I dont think I could play it by myself for like 20hours or something. But I can play games with a mate for ages, like Midnight Club 2.. that game is good.
Wed 01/10/03 at 23:31
Regular
"All about the Beats"
My longest time is about 15 hours straight, playing Shenmue 2, i couldnt put it down till i completed it!
Wed 01/10/03 at 23:13
"I love yo... lamp."
Wait til PGR 2 is out. The 28th of November is a Friday so if I get it on release day at 9am then I can manage 70 hours solid before I need to take a break.

*pees self in excitement*

Um... well it is kind of an easy thing to do so probably...
Wed 01/10/03 at 18:40
Regular
Heh. Nobody over 24 hours yet though :^)
Maybe I'll give it a go!

I've not actually played skies since that night yet. I'm scared of just never stopping again.
Still, I have to say, that game really shows Zelda up. TWW may have been no OOT, but it's still incredible how ordinary it looks next to skies...
If they keep producing sequals of that quality we'll have a new rpg dynasty!

But I think you've all missed the most important issue: Did Fina pee heself?
Wed 01/10/03 at 10:10
Regular
:-\
Wed 01/10/03 at 00:15
"I love yo... lamp."
My record is a 21 hour sitting for Goldeneye. No breaks longer than 5 minutes. And few of them. 18 hours on Command & Conquer. 12 hours on Alpha Centauri and Star Wars KOTOR. A few other games have had huge times.
Wed 01/10/03 at 00:05
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've never really played games for very long. When Sonic 2 was first released, I played that from 4 until about midnight and I've Championship Manager for most of the day without thinking about the time.

I'm planning to have a big game-a-thon soon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.