GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freedom Fighters first impressions..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Freedom Fighters'.
Wed 01/10/03 at 12:56
Regular
Fantastic!

This is the Hitman 2 equivalent of a squad based combat game. Stylish, decent voice acting, very crisp, clean graphics and an improved game engine over the one seen on Hitman 2.

Only played it for about 40 minutes so far so I will leave it at that for now. As I play it more I will leave further impressions. So far so very very good!
Wed 01/10/03 at 17:46
Regular
"Remember me?"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Order from the "rain forrest" website....

Muh?
Wed 01/10/03 at 17:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
So you should.

RAAAARR!

Damn wondering about whether to order!
Wed 01/10/03 at 17:45
Regular
Funny you should say that. Had problems with Gamestation over them taking Coiln McRae 04 back. Thankfully they did at £5 less of what I paid for it.

That aside...

Order from the "rain forrest" website as they have it much cheaper than anywhere else.
Wed 01/10/03 at 17:44
Regular
"Remember me?"

EEK! *faints*
Wed 01/10/03 at 17:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
RAR!!!!
Wed 01/10/03 at 17:42
Regular
"Remember me?"
I think I just decided how to use up my £17.01 store credit at GameStation. :P
Wed 01/10/03 at 17:40
Regular
The demo doesn't even touch on the full version. Its such a clever game where you have to link missions into each other. For example:

TINY TINY SPOILER

------------------------------------------

The first missions you get to choose from on the map are the Police Station and the Post Office. To get the explosives for the petrol station you first have to get explosives from the opening to the police station mission. When you arrive there some soviets have some of the NYPD pinned down with snipers and you have to sneak up and get explosives from the cops to destroy the fuel station on the Post Office mission. By doing so the Snipers go to investigate the exploded station thus allowing the 4 pinned down NY cops to escape.

All the missions are inter linked via the sewers and all you have to do is lift a man hole in an area to get access to more of the map and to more of the missions.

Its funking amazing.

------------------------------------------

END TINY TINY SPOILER

:)
Wed 01/10/03 at 17:32
Regular
"Remember me?"
Freedom Fighters is - to quote 30% of Tiltawhirl's vocabulary - the mutt's nuts. Got the demo today and thoroughly enjoyed it. The overall atmosphere as you're leading your motley crew around the city whilst guns go off and stuff explodes is absolutely brilliant. I will be picking up this game VERY soon.
Wed 01/10/03 at 16:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ach! I canna wait for tommorroo!
Wed 01/10/03 at 16:44
Regular
Easily. KOTOR is indeed one hell of a game, the best I have played this year infact. Aside from that though I haven't been a fan of the Buldurs Gate games or other PC RPG that they have been behind. They have got my attention now though and I will be awaiting all of their future releases.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.