GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freedom Fighters first impressions..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Freedom Fighters'.
Wed 01/10/03 at 12:56
Regular
Fantastic!

This is the Hitman 2 equivalent of a squad based combat game. Stylish, decent voice acting, very crisp, clean graphics and an improved game engine over the one seen on Hitman 2.

Only played it for about 40 minutes so far so I will leave it at that for now. As I play it more I will leave further impressions. So far so very very good!
Wed 01/10/03 at 12:56
Regular
Fantastic!

This is the Hitman 2 equivalent of a squad based combat game. Stylish, decent voice acting, very crisp, clean graphics and an improved game engine over the one seen on Hitman 2.

Only played it for about 40 minutes so far so I will leave it at that for now. As I play it more I will leave further impressions. So far so very very good!
Wed 01/10/03 at 12:59
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I've heard it's pretty good. Gamescentral gave it a decent rating so I might check it out...when I've finished playing the other ten games I have to complete!
Wed 01/10/03 at 13:02
Regular
In the PS2 demo of the post office level you get 3 men (well 2 men and one woman) to start with however in the full game its completely different. Won't reveal any spoilers but lets just say this is the game I have been wanting for a while now. CDS was Okay but this is the mutties nutties.

Oh and Tilta the camera feels more fluid in the full game and you can see perfectly around corners before going round them.
Wed 01/10/03 at 13:06
Regular
When you start the demo you get C4 and all the weapons you need. However in the full game you need to finish another mission to get the C4 for the next mission. Works very very well.
Wed 01/10/03 at 14:53
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I don't like squad-based gameplay. It's too fragmented. I;m more of a lone marauder-type.
Wed 01/10/03 at 15:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Excellent.....

Although I haven't actually got it yet.

I'm pretty sure it will certainly come tommorrow.
Wed 01/10/03 at 15:32
Regular
"8==="
Black Glove wrote:
> I don't like squad-based gameplay. It's too fragmented. I;m more of a
> lone marauder-type.

I do that in the C:DS games with the different members (and in Brute Force and Ghost Recon too) sometimes you can finish 90% of a mission with one person, but you have to conserve ammunition.

Now I will have some cash soon so I have to decided between FF and Raw 2.

As I have C:DS 2 I think RAW 2 is going to win.
Wed 01/10/03 at 16:03
Regular
Still loving it which is a great sign as after a couple of hours I usually start to get bored or I grow tired of games that aren't going to stand the test of time.

Controlling your squad is extremely satisfying as their AI is almost unbeatable. Only got 3 following me at the moment as I have been messing around with different orders and seeing how each fighter reacts when I give objectives in different directions.

One of the best games of the year so far. IO interactive are quickly becoming one of my favourite developers along with Silicon Knights.
Wed 01/10/03 at 16:05
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
And Bioware!

How could you forget them?
Wed 01/10/03 at 16:44
Regular
Easily. KOTOR is indeed one hell of a game, the best I have played this year infact. Aside from that though I haven't been a fan of the Buldurs Gate games or other PC RPG that they have been behind. They have got my attention now though and I will be awaiting all of their future releases.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.