GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola email 'housekeeping'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/04/10 at 10:50
"Are you sure?"
I've been receiving a number of emails from Freeola regarding annual email housekeeping over the last few days.

I would like to make sure none of my accounts have missed the required confirmation.

The emails mention:
"If you don't wish to click the link above, you can log into your MyFreeola account at http://freeola.com/myfreeola-control-panel/, where you will be asked to confirm your forwarding."

I've looked a number of times and haven't been asked for this?
Am I missing something?

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 25/05/10 at 20:26
"Are you sure?"
Couldn't leave it! So checked my messages...

Hmmm... wrote:
> I would like to make sure none of my accounts have missed the
> required confirmation....

:¬(

This just goes to show however conscientious you may try to be you can still get caught out!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 25/05/10 at 19:07
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
I've replied to the second ticket for you, and sent a 'proper email' to the same address for you as well.
Tue 25/05/10 at 17:54
"Are you sure?"
Can you please just send your reply (hope it's good news!!!) via 'normal' email as none of my Ticket submissions are getting returned...

EDIT:
I raised another ticket and the confirmation came through (160548).

Perhaps my first ticket got messed up with either my typos or 'cos for the question about affected email addresses I put "Lots".

I've run out of time for now - back in the morning.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 25/05/10 at 17:50
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
In anticipation of a new ticket, I've re-sent across the information in Warhunt's response.

A bit too late though......

If you don't receive the reply in the next few minutes, let me know and I'll send it to you directly via 'normal' email.
Tue 25/05/10 at 17:48
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for getting back.

I've just tried *bumping* my Support Ticket as I can't see anything happening in the next few minutes if you replied a couple of hours ago!?

*bumping* = Submitted another Support Ticket quoting the original number. Hope that's the right thing to do...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 25/05/10 at 17:28
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I sent a reply back almost 20 minutes after. Not sure why that didn't get back to you, and I'm not at the office anymore.

If it doesn't come through in the next 30 minutes send in another ticket so one of my colleagues picks it up or re-sends my one.
Tue 25/05/10 at 17:19
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> I'll pick it up now Hmmm....

Hi Warhunt,
Can you let me know if the Ticket arrived ok please?

Normally I receive a Support Ticket confirmation email after submitting it within a few minutes - but nothing has arrived so far and that was a couple of hours ago.

Thanks again,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 25/05/10 at 15:23
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> Out of curiousity, as you knew the emails were being sent out,
> did you answer all of the emails that you received? Is it
> just your clients who may not have answered etc?

Hi Warhunt,
Thanks for that.

Yes I answered all the emails for the accounts I pick up.

Many of my clients did contact me asking if the email/request was legit so these would also have been answered.

But looking through my accounts it looks like lots weren't actioned/received by other clients...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 25/05/10 at 15:18
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I'll pick it up now Hmmm....

Although I'm probably going to need to involved Luke or Eccles and see what we can do anyway....

The emails were all sent as far as we know and a copy of the mail is displayed within the MyFreeola Message Centre where possible. I'll ask them to check into the system a bit more too.

Out of curiousity, as you knew the emails were being sent out, did you answer all of the emails that you received? Is it just your clients who may not have answered etc?
Tue 25/05/10 at 15:12
"Are you sure?"
LukeM wrote:
> I would probably advise going through our Ticket System or call
> us Hmmm on this one TBH.

Hi,
I've raised ticket 160537.

I really need to know if you can either restore things (email forwarding) to as they were at the start of May, pre-housekeeping.
Or supply me with a list of how my setup looked so that I can manually try putting things back together...

Also - could someone please investigate this 'housekeeping' so that MyFreeola also receives the confirmation in future runs as has previously been the situation?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.