GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola email 'housekeeping'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/04/10 at 10:50
"Are you sure?"
I've been receiving a number of emails from Freeola regarding annual email housekeeping over the last few days.

I would like to make sure none of my accounts have missed the required confirmation.

The emails mention:
"If you don't wish to click the link above, you can log into your MyFreeola account at http://freeola.com/myfreeola-control-panel/, where you will be asked to confirm your forwarding."

I've looked a number of times and haven't been asked for this?
Am I missing something?

Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 15/05/12 at 17:43
"Are you sure?"
Thanks Warhunt.

Warhunt wrote: on 26/05/2010
It must be frustrating for you Hmmm... and we can only apologise. But for future runs (which will hopefully be run on a more regular basis) we will be putting other precautions in as I said to make sure customers like yourselves are not effected in the way you have been.

Can you say what other precautions Freeola put in place?
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 15/05/12 at 16:12
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Definitely a good suggestion, and one that I will pass on for you.
Tue 15/05/12 at 15:47
"Are you sure?"
Butch wrote:
Try again now.

Thanks Butch,
I've just had the option to confirm over 100 accounts.

It's a shame the MyFreeola option can't come first and then only have emails generated for accounts that haven't been 'confirmed' a few days later - it would save lots of confusion/emails/phone calls at my end...

Thanks again,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 15/05/12 at 15:35
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Hmmm... wrote:
Hi Freeola,
I've just started to receive similar 'email housekeeping' emails as mentioned in this old post.

Again I've logged into MyFreeola as instructed but as before I'm not seeing any option to confirm my email forwarding?!

I obviously want to avoid what happened last time round so please advise what action I should take.

Thanks

Try again now.
Tue 15/05/12 at 14:32
"Are you sure?"
Hmmm... wrote:
I've been receiving a number of emails from Freeola regarding annual email housekeeping over the last few days.

I would like to make sure none of my accounts have missed the required confirmation.

The emails mention:
"If you don't wish to click the link above, you can log into your MyFreeola account at http://freeola.com/myfreeola-control-panel/, where you will be asked to confirm your forwarding."

I've looked a number of times and haven't been asked for this?
Am I missing something?

-----------------------------
Hi Freeola,
I've just started to receive similar 'email housekeeping' emails as mentioned in this old post.

Again I've logged into MyFreeola as instructed but as before I'm not seeing any option to confirm my email forwarding?!

I obviously want to avoid what happened last time round so please advise what action I should take.

EDIT: Support Ticket 179899 also raised.

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 26/05/10 at 12:55
"Are you sure?"
Butch wrote:
> This was never the case for e-mail forwarding housekeeping, only
> for the removal of f500 addresses through non-use.
>
> This is being implemented for future forwarding housekeeping,
> however.

Hi Butch,
I can assure you it has been in place for email in the past.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 26/05/10 at 10:40
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Hmmm... wrote:
> Obviously at the very least MyFreeola should get the
> confirmation request as in the past. This was the reason for my
> original post...

This was never the case for e-mail forwarding housekeeping, only for the removal of f500 addresses through non-use.

This is being implemented for future forwarding housekeeping, however.
Wed 26/05/10 at 09:37
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
All good points but the system has been set up how it works for reasons that are best for the majority of users. The email has to go to the receiving address of the forwarding.

However I will definately pass on your comment in regards to a system similar to domain renewals as this sounds like a good idea to me.

And in relation to your clients, I understand fully. Doing what you do will not have it's own complexities though. Hopefully you know by now we will do our best to try and smoothe any issue out promptly.
Wed 26/05/10 at 09:12
"Are you sure?"
Morning Warhunt,
All this has been rather bad timing for me :¬(

Can I suggest that you use a similar process as in use for Domain Renewals?
i.e. either just using the configured address for renewal reminders or adding a new category in the existing 'Email Alerts and Subscriptions' for 'Email admin confirmations'?

NB. The domain renewals email option was setup at my suggestion a few years back and works well.

I register and renew many domains for people that can't do it themselves or don't wish to do it themselves. This is the same for email configuration - I try make things easy for some people that like to work like that.

Obviously at the very least MyFreeola should get the confirmation request as in the past. This was the reason for my original post...

Re. The 'Freeola emails are important' reference.
A number of my clients did contact me so they haven't been caught out. But some may not have received the email or thought it to be junk etc. Most of those that did receive it contacted me as they didn't understand it! That's part of the service I try to provide - allowing people to use Freeola ADSL and Domains but removing them from any techie bits if that's what they want.

I think some of my clients were also confused by multiple email requests if they had a number of email accounts. Either they stopped reading them or they were assigned to junk.

If you would like any further feedback please let me know.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 26/05/10 at 08:38
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
It must be frustrating for you Hmmm... and we can only apologise. But for future runs (which will hopefully be run on a more regular basis) we will be putting other precautions in as I said to make sure customers like yourselves are not effected in the way you have been.

It also might be worth mentioning to your customers that emails from Freeola might be important (for those that actually did receive the email obviously)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.