GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ati Radeon Fans"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/10/03 at 19:14
Regular
"" I Hope This Works"
What are the differences between ati radeon and geforce 4 ti 128 mb graphics cards? and what is a PRO card all about? does it work faster?
CHEERS!!!!
Tue 07/10/03 at 22:49
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
The Colonel wrote:
> P.S What is a Radeon Mobility card? is it intergrated?

I dont think it is, but it is for laptops. Your the one that asked about intergrated video on motherboards arent you? Well if your looking at intergrated video then the chipsets are Geforce 4 MX420 cards and basically are crap.

If your deciding to go for a motherboard and then get a seperate card then that great.

Radeon and Geforce 4 Ti cards I dont think are too different. But of course it depends on the model of the cards. The new Radeons, 9200, 9600, 9800 and are Direct X 9 where as older models like the 9500 and 9700 arent. Geforce 4 Ti cards are direct X 8. The old Ti cards where 4x AGP but now they have been redesigned to do 8x AGP. The new Radeon cards are 8x AGP but I think the 9500 and 9700 maybe 4x AGP.

Another factor is money. Special Reserve do a Ti 4200 128mb card for £90 and a Radeon 9600 Pro for £150, you can get them around £120 for a decent make. 9600 Pro is a better card as its direct X 9 as well as being a good performance to price. The Ti cards are still ok but there old hat now and will probably start to show there age in a few months. The Ti 4600 has been rebanded as a Ti 4800 by some compainies and can be found for £150-160 for a gainward model. The Ti 4600/4800 has shown in tests that it can run Halflife 2 in direct X 8 mode pretty well.

So the question is how much money you want to spend? Got £300 spare then maybe go and get the Radeon 9800 Pro as its mega performance. Only got £80 then maybe a Geforce 4 Ti or even a Radeon 9200. Dont forget that a Radeon 9800 Pro is £300 for a reason and the 9200 is £70 also for a good reason. Ask yourself what type of performance you want with the cash your willing to spend. For a good performer than the 9600 Pro is good and at £120 its also pretty cheap.

Another factor is what system this graphics card will go into. Have you a pretty up to date machine?
Tue 07/10/03 at 22:10
Regular
"" I Hope This Works"
The Colonel wrote:
> What are the differences between ati radeon and geforce 4 ti 128 mb
> graphics cards? and what is a PRO card all about? does it work
> faster?
> CHEERS!!!!

P.S What is a Radeon Mobility card? is it intergrated?
Tue 07/10/03 at 20:21
Regular
Pro card is faster indeed.
Tue 07/10/03 at 19:14
Regular
"" I Hope This Works"
What are the differences between ati radeon and geforce 4 ti 128 mb graphics cards? and what is a PRO card all about? does it work faster?
CHEERS!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.