GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony PSX Info (you'd better start saving)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/10/03 at 15:20
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Check out the prices, imagine what it will be once we get the "inflate prices for Europe" treatment

Tuesday, 7th October 2003

Now that the doors have opened at the Japanese CEATEC consumer electronics show, Sony have revealed fresh information about their new entertainment hub, the Sony PSX.

The device will come in two flavours; the DESR-5000, which is fitted with a 160GB hard drive, and the DESR-7000, which has 250GB. Originally, it was thought that the machine would be fitted with a slightly less roomy 120GB drive.

The 160GB version, which has enough capacity to store 33 hours of video at the highest setting, or over 200 hours at the lowest setting, will cost 79,800 yen (around £430). The larger 250GB version will cost 99,800 yen (approx. £540).

As well as having the choice of hard drive, it looks as though consumers will also be able to pick their favourite colour for the unit. In addition to the white unit that we've already fallen into techno-lust with, Sony also featured very fetching blue, yellow and red PSX's on their CEATEC stand. Whether these are limited edition versions of the machine, or will be made widely available remains to be seen.

Beyond confirmation that the unit is expected to go on sale in Japan before the end of the year, Sony gave no new information regarding release dates. A European release is expected in early 2004, but there has still been no official word from Sony.
Thu 09/10/03 at 14:05
Regular
"Complete Banker"
NASH wrote:
What lies await us next?

Who? What? Why?

What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?!
Thu 09/10/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Teal'c"
Flying Pig wrote:
> £540 is actually excellent value for money - remember the PSX is
> primarily a high-spec DVD rewriter and TV recorder, both of which
> sell for £500+ individually.

What lies await us next?
Thu 09/10/03 at 11:48
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Darwock wrote:
> It's a high end electronics device, for people who buy "What Home
> Cinema" magazine.

Cool, that means I'm deffo up for one, hopefully it'll be installed in my new house next year :)

> It's not for us mere gamers, we already have PS2s.

I'm just gonna keep the PS2 and relegate that to a spare room, still got my PSx in a cupboard :)
Thu 09/10/03 at 11:46
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
It's a high end electronics device, for people who buy "What Home Cinema" magazine. It's not for us mere gamers, we already have PS2s.
Thu 09/10/03 at 11:44
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Totoro wrote:
> Do they really think this is going to fly off the shelves?

I should think so, otherwise they wouldn't be putting it out on show. Remember they are in direct competition with Microshaft and they're bringing out a "home entertainment" system soon so .......

I think it'll sell, I know I'd buy one and considering I paid about £450 - £500 on launch day of the PS2, what's another £40?
Thu 09/10/03 at 10:20
Regular
"Hallelujah"
90gig for £110?

I'd just get the £430 machine, use DVD-rewritables to shift it onto my machine then delete if off the PS2. I honestly recon the cheaper one sounds better...also, I like blue.
Thu 09/10/03 at 10:07
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Do they really think this is going to fly off the shelves?
Thu 09/10/03 at 09:01
Regular
"Complete Banker"
£540 is actually excellent value for money - remember the PSX is primarily a high-spec DVD rewriter and TV recorder, both of which sell for £500+ individually.

Add to this a TV ariel decoder, and PSOne & PS2 compatability, it's an impressive piece of kit for an excellent price.
Wed 08/10/03 at 19:09
"period drama"
Pah.
They shouldn't call it the PSX.
Now I'm gonna have to call the actual PSX the PSone like an 8-year-old.
Pah and thrice pah.
Wed 08/10/03 at 18:28
Regular
"Thou shalt GAME!"
What a bloody rip off, i know its meant to b good but it can't b that good!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.