GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Argos to sell Gamecubes again.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/10/03 at 19:17
Regular
"thursdayton!"
"After famously withdrawing the GameCube from their shelves Argos are to re-stock them.
Argos decided that the GameCube wasn't selling enough so they reduced the price to £79.99 to clear stock. The GameCubes sold quickly and Argos stopped selling them.

A recent advert was found in a newspaper that stated it will be being sold again, at £79.99 to comply with the price cut." -- C-E.com

Good news indeed I think, although too late for it to be put in the xmas catalogue :S Will Dixons/Currys follow suit I wonder?
Sat 11/10/03 at 20:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Memorandum! wrote:
> I actually thought Metroid Prime was unbelievably clunky.

You don't count.
Sat 11/10/03 at 18:50
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> My point being that reviews do count and a review in the 60-75% mark
> isn't likely to score anything higher elsewhere. Maybe you bias
> towards Nintendo is putting you in hope that it will be a great game.
> Thats all I was saying.

Someone had been put off a game by a single review, Dringo reminded them that playing a game first hand is the best way to judge.

Christ, you and TGM don't half fly off the rails sometimes.
Sat 11/10/03 at 18:37
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I actually thought Metroid Prime was unbelievably clunky.
Sat 11/10/03 at 18:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
TGMbloke wrote:
>

> Games like Mario Sunshine...I would say 8/10 (No snow level!)

That is about what it got really - everybody found it a bit dissapointing, and most thoughts on the game I've seen certainly suggest its not as good as Mario 64.
>
> Zelda - 9/10...certinally not 10/10

NOM gave it 10/10. Who else? To be honest its great fun

> Metroid Prime...I would say 8/10

Ah. Sticking point. Many people found it dull/boring whatever, but the press (and I) loved it because it updated a francise (I realise thats a big part) but put it into 3-D, did it better than anybody ever thought was possible, and made a damn fine modern game to boot, which made 99% of toehr games look unpolished and unbelievebly clunky.

>
> But most reviewers gave them all much higer scores purelly for their
> heritage.

I think not. Its usualy because they advance their genre in some way, or excel at their promised aspects.

>
> Im finding SW:KoTOR much more fun than Zelda ever was, but on
> average, Zelda scored more.

The only reviews I've seen for both games have been BOTH scoring above 9.0/90%

I know what you mean, but I can't really agree on several points. But then again, if Nintendo had released EyeToy, do you think it would have sold anywhere near the amounts it has on PS2?
Sat 11/10/03 at 17:23
Regular
"Light of the world"
You have probably seen it already in this thread but good ole woolies I think are doing them for that price to with free mario sunshine
Sat 11/10/03 at 16:50
Regular
Ok than as an example...

How do you know that the Xbox or PS2 wouldn't be more your thing? I take it you haven't played every game on both systems (would be amazed if you had) so how do you know that there aren't a set of games out there better than any others you have ever played? I doubt it very much that such a case would occur. However you probably wouldn't find this because of reviews which is ultimately a set of X amount of people's views. Say a game scores 90% across 15 reviews. It would be possible to find a different set of 15 people who would give the same game 40%. If they did the chances are you wouldn't buy it.

My point being that reviews do count and a review in the 60-75% mark isn't likely to score anything higher elsewhere. Maybe you bias towards Nintendo is putting you in hope that it will be a great game. Thats all I was saying.
Sat 11/10/03 at 16:44
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> One bad review leads to many more of the same. Its only because its on
> the GameCube that you would say such a thing...

eh?
Sat 11/10/03 at 16:40
Regular
One bad review leads to many more of the same. Its only because its on the GameCube that you would say such a thing...
Sat 11/10/03 at 16:36
Regular
NGC is just one opinon.

The most important critical perspective is your own.
Fri 10/10/03 at 23:07
Regular
"thursdayton!"
DreamWarBird wrote:
> I must get Kirbys Air Ride!

Yeh, I was looking forward to that big time, but was very put off with it's Lacklustre NGC score. Anyone played import or seen other reviews? I didn't think it too bad in Famitsu either.. unsure to buy or not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.