GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ninty Bells! Ninty Bells! Ninty all the way........."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/10/03 at 22:25
Regular
"Conker the King"
At last Nintendo seem to have got it right. The price cut of the CUBE to £79.99 is a fantastic lifeline for the console. The release of some of the most anticipated games in the next 2 months and the fantastic advertising campaign that (I hope) Nintendo have up their sleeve for the run up to Christmas. This should help put the cube to at least the number 2 position in the console sales race! But if the US is anything to go by it might even be the number one this Christmas in the UK.

As i've already said Nintendo just need that absolute killer ad campaign in the run up to crimbo for the likes of mario kart, 1080 and f-zero to make it the best Christmas ever!

I just cannot wait to see those sales figures for the next few months.
Mon 13/10/03 at 13:14
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> Mario Kart is not a console selling game as such, as people will not
> pay £80+£30 just for that one game.

It'll do 2 things... it'll persuade those who are already tempted... and make people more aware of what's avalible.

Mario Kart Double Dash!! will shift console, seeing everyone choose to give MK several goes despite the fact they're paid to watch GT or Half Life or whatever was a great laugh.

Nintendo really do have that good fun factor here.
Mon 13/10/03 at 10:26
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Trust me, Mario Kart will shift units left right and centre.

Yup, and I think more so than Mario 128. The Mario platformers have always been popular, but Mario Kart holds quite a name for itself. In fact, one of the most well-known video game names around. It's one of the few games that appeals to everyone.
Sun 12/10/03 at 21:51
Regular
TGMbloke wrote:
> Mario Kart is not a console selling game as such, as people will not
> pay £80+£30 just for that one game.

There isn't a game on this earth that would make vast numbers of people buy a console just to play. Halo sold Xboxes, yes, but not on it's own - it tipped those people thinking of buying one over the edge. A game that shifts consoles is always coupled with something.

In the case of Mario Kart, it's going to convince all those who know there are some fantastic games on the 'Cube (but are a little wary to get one), to finally splash out. It's exactly the same with a price drop. Trust me, Mario Kart will shift units left right and centre.
Sun 12/10/03 at 20:06
Regular
Hopefully Geist will fill that gap - even if it does look a little crap at the moment.
Sun 12/10/03 at 19:36
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Halo is the kind of thing they need, but obvioulsy a Nintendo type Halo kind of game - something with wide appeal, great graphics, an established genre, cracking storyline, variety of levels, massive levels of detail and high production values, combined with a few innovations to freshen it all up.
Sun 12/10/03 at 19:14
Regular
Yup, so did lots of games - on all formats might I add.
Sun 12/10/03 at 16:44
Regular
Ah, I wasn't sure if they'd been pushed back or not, at one time or another they had November/December releases.
Sun 12/10/03 at 16:40
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> At least someone found it funny :P

Heh.

Truth hurts. :P
Sun 12/10/03 at 15:24
Regular
If he wants them for Xmas then MGS and Mario Golf are no good to him !
Sun 12/10/03 at 15:04
Regular
And MP5, whichever you prefer :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.