GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who has PES3?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Tue 14/10/03 at 19:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Oh, erm, that'd be me. :-D

Yes, anyway, from what I've played so far, it's brilliant. Edited A LOT at the beginning. Although this is unnecessary, I like my game to have realistic players names and all the players to look exactly like their real-life counterparts.

Some players have the wrong boots, even though their right boots are selectable. Most Adidas boots, for example, have fake versions in the game without the stripes and custom Adidas symbols... however, all you have to do is go into edit and give all the players with these fake boots the real ones. It's surprising Konami just didn't give them the correct boots to start with. Also, sometimes players' hairstyles and face shapes are either one up or one down from the one they have been given. Eg. hair 31 or hair 33 when they really should have 32.

The team names and stadiums are all wrong as well, but we've known about this one for ages, so it isn't really a surprise. Edited all of these fairly quickly and easily.

Finally, and sadly, not all transfers have been updated. Chelsea have Duff and Johnson, but Makelele is still at Real, and Mutu at Parma. Cristiano Ronaldo still plays for Sporting Lisbon, too. Beckham is at Real Madrid though, and at least some of the transfers have been successfuly added into the game.

While actually playing the game, it seems really different from PES2. The game seems to be a bit slower, but much more realistic, with deflections and handballs having a lot of impact on the match. Also, the advantage rule following fouls is ok, but it sometimes is used when it shouldn't be, and isn't when it should, if you get what I'm saying.

The Master League has been totally revamped as well, with a single Division 2, and then loads of different sections to Division 1.

The PES Shop, from what I've seen so far, is also looking top notch, and I'll be spending a lot of time collecting credits to buy some of the stuff on offer in there (including Chilavert!!!!!!).

So, yeah, anyway, absolutely brilliant from what I've played - miles better than PES2, and just simply the greatest football game ever.
Wed 15/10/03 at 20:19
Regular
"  "
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Points from the master league?

Nah, there are PES Points. These are seperate from the Master League points. You bascally get 50 points for any match played on any mode and setting, which stays at 50 even if you win/lose/draw. The only way to earn more than 50 a time is by doing training challenges. You can buy stuff like the transfer option which cost a whopping-ping-ping 10,000 points, or other crap like replay effects, clasic players, another footy design (Although I hear this is left out of PES3) etc.
Wed 15/10/03 at 20:03
Regular
Points from the master league?
Wed 15/10/03 at 19:46
Yeah but you need points to unlock this.

Do AC Milan have the Meriva strip or the Opel strip?
Wed 15/10/03 at 18:54
Regular
AJ, is there a full editing mode which allows you to transfer players to other clubs withouting having to delete others?
Wed 15/10/03 at 18:53
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Can you edit the transfers and stuff to get the Chelsea team right? Do they have Veron and Crespo?
Wed 15/10/03 at 17:27
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
No, it's better. He only says "They're really upping the ante now" about once a match, instead of three times a half. :-D

Nah, but in all seriousness, the commentary is much better than it was in the demo. They actually do change what they say quite a lot, and it isn't as repetitive as it was in the demo.

The way the game is played is much better as well. The way in which they run has been fixed, and there are plenty of different ways to get the ball up the field, as tricks, through balls and long distance chips work much better.
Tue 14/10/03 at 19:37
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
AJ, whats the commentry like?

The one in the demo is worse than PES 2.
Tue 14/10/03 at 19:10
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
:cD
Tue 14/10/03 at 19:09
Regular
"Teal'c"
Arab..
Tue 14/10/03 at 19:08
Regular
"Whatever!"
Have to wait till friday - Havent looked forward to a game so much for a long time!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.