GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who has PES3?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Tue 14/10/03 at 19:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Oh, erm, that'd be me. :-D

Yes, anyway, from what I've played so far, it's brilliant. Edited A LOT at the beginning. Although this is unnecessary, I like my game to have realistic players names and all the players to look exactly like their real-life counterparts.

Some players have the wrong boots, even though their right boots are selectable. Most Adidas boots, for example, have fake versions in the game without the stripes and custom Adidas symbols... however, all you have to do is go into edit and give all the players with these fake boots the real ones. It's surprising Konami just didn't give them the correct boots to start with. Also, sometimes players' hairstyles and face shapes are either one up or one down from the one they have been given. Eg. hair 31 or hair 33 when they really should have 32.

The team names and stadiums are all wrong as well, but we've known about this one for ages, so it isn't really a surprise. Edited all of these fairly quickly and easily.

Finally, and sadly, not all transfers have been updated. Chelsea have Duff and Johnson, but Makelele is still at Real, and Mutu at Parma. Cristiano Ronaldo still plays for Sporting Lisbon, too. Beckham is at Real Madrid though, and at least some of the transfers have been successfuly added into the game.

While actually playing the game, it seems really different from PES2. The game seems to be a bit slower, but much more realistic, with deflections and handballs having a lot of impact on the match. Also, the advantage rule following fouls is ok, but it sometimes is used when it shouldn't be, and isn't when it should, if you get what I'm saying.

The Master League has been totally revamped as well, with a single Division 2, and then loads of different sections to Division 1.

The PES Shop, from what I've seen so far, is also looking top notch, and I'll be spending a lot of time collecting credits to buy some of the stuff on offer in there (including Chilavert!!!!!!).

So, yeah, anyway, absolutely brilliant from what I've played - miles better than PES2, and just simply the greatest football game ever.
Fri 17/10/03 at 13:45
If you flick up then down on the right analogue stick while running with the ball you flick the ball up and over the person in front of you, which sets you up perfectly for a volley.
Fri 17/10/03 at 12:33
Regular
Cheers that is muchos appreciated!
Fri 17/10/03 at 12:29
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Good stuff
Fri 17/10/03 at 12:12
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Want a list of skills?

Shot Feint 1 = X + square

Shot feint 2 = x + square + up or down

dummy = hold R1 (dont hold any other buttons)

triple stepover = L1 3times

single stepover = R2 2times

Zidane spin = rotate right analouge stick in a full circle

sidestep = R2 + left or right

Auto Sidestep = R2 + left or right and let go of all the buttons

Backwards dribble = do an auto sidestep the straight after that hold backwards

Nutmeg = do an autosidestep and press forward when an opponent is near

double shot feint = square, square + x

fake shot followed by a chip = square, square, hold L1

Knock and go = as you recieve the ball hold R1 and push the D-pad in the direction you are going to run.

Flick and volley = Press the opposite direction to which you are facing when the ball in knee to chest height. Followed by square.

Chest and volley = Hold R1 when recieving the ball without touching the d-pad then volley with square.

Enjoy
Thu 16/10/03 at 21:12
Regular
Can't quite pull off the ball flick even though I have done it a few times before by accident. Would be grateful if you could run through exactly what needs to be done to pull it off.
Thu 16/10/03 at 20:55
Regular
Ahhh cheers Figo. I have done the flick on the demo a few times but wondered how.

Please make a simple list of the tricks you come across. By saying Zidane does it all the time do you mean by pressing the R2 button?
Thu 16/10/03 at 20:51
Regular
All players have the Zidane 360 spin thingy, but only he pulls it off all the time. Lesser players just lose control. Anyway, you perform it by moving the R3 stick around in a circle quickly, but if you don't do it right, then you'll end up doing a manual pass.

And theres this thing where if the ball is in the air, coming to a player, if you push forwards, then backwards just before it lands, then the player flicks the ball over his head.

And thats all tricks i've found out so far.
Thu 16/10/03 at 20:34
Regular
Any improvements made since the demo? Also are there specific tricks for players like Zidane and if so are they there because of the sacrifice of the step over or are they additional tricks?
Thu 16/10/03 at 20:29
Regular
Got my copy yesterday from Gamestation after hearing that them and Game had released it early.

Really good, the shooting has improved greatly. The shooting bar seems to need more power than in PES2 for free kicks and shots, but you need less for long balls and stuff. More realistic.

Shame about the transfers, but you can easily just change things so that players are at the right clubs. The dutch team's players names are still bad but at least its not 'Oranges 11' this time.
Thu 16/10/03 at 10:05
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Think I'll stick to WE7. Although surely you'll be able to update the squads and get extras using the on-line feature which is there to obtain updates etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.