GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who has PES3?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Tue 14/10/03 at 19:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Oh, erm, that'd be me. :-D

Yes, anyway, from what I've played so far, it's brilliant. Edited A LOT at the beginning. Although this is unnecessary, I like my game to have realistic players names and all the players to look exactly like their real-life counterparts.

Some players have the wrong boots, even though their right boots are selectable. Most Adidas boots, for example, have fake versions in the game without the stripes and custom Adidas symbols... however, all you have to do is go into edit and give all the players with these fake boots the real ones. It's surprising Konami just didn't give them the correct boots to start with. Also, sometimes players' hairstyles and face shapes are either one up or one down from the one they have been given. Eg. hair 31 or hair 33 when they really should have 32.

The team names and stadiums are all wrong as well, but we've known about this one for ages, so it isn't really a surprise. Edited all of these fairly quickly and easily.

Finally, and sadly, not all transfers have been updated. Chelsea have Duff and Johnson, but Makelele is still at Real, and Mutu at Parma. Cristiano Ronaldo still plays for Sporting Lisbon, too. Beckham is at Real Madrid though, and at least some of the transfers have been successfuly added into the game.

While actually playing the game, it seems really different from PES2. The game seems to be a bit slower, but much more realistic, with deflections and handballs having a lot of impact on the match. Also, the advantage rule following fouls is ok, but it sometimes is used when it shouldn't be, and isn't when it should, if you get what I'm saying.

The Master League has been totally revamped as well, with a single Division 2, and then loads of different sections to Division 1.

The PES Shop, from what I've seen so far, is also looking top notch, and I'll be spending a lot of time collecting credits to buy some of the stuff on offer in there (including Chilavert!!!!!!).

So, yeah, anyway, absolutely brilliant from what I've played - miles better than PES2, and just simply the greatest football game ever.
Fri 17/10/03 at 19:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yeah, I've been trying to get that one right all day.

Pulled it off in training - pity you can't save goals from there.
Fri 17/10/03 at 19:39
Regular
hit on the half volley
Fri 17/10/03 at 19:37
Regular
There are a few other skills you've missed out. I'll give you one, the TRUE flick an volley, on the R3 analogue stick press down then up (hold up until) the ball flicks up. Now Hit it on the volley and there you have a brilliant goal! You rarely pull it off in a real game, but once or twice is enough for me.
Fri 17/10/03 at 16:39
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Sheffield Post Rules!!123

:)
Fri 17/10/03 at 16:30
How come you can't get it yourself?

That way you can feel the anticipation build up as you trek across town to the games store.
Fri 17/10/03 at 16:28
Regular
"Touched!"
Pro Evo wrote:
> My copy JUST arrive in the post. Look at the damn time!
>
> Anyway, see you in a few months people! Thanks SR.

I see the posty round your end still aint got his ass into gear! I wish my mum would hurry up, i wanna play! :(
Fri 17/10/03 at 16:08
Regular
"360: swfcman"
My copy JUST arrive in the post. Look at the damn time!

Anyway, see you in a few months people! Thanks SR.
Fri 17/10/03 at 15:23
Regular
"Touched!"
I've just picked it up in Tesco for £38, well my mum has, waiting for her to bring it home, can't wait - which Prem teams are in the game?
Fri 17/10/03 at 14:48
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I went to Asda and Comet in my dinner hour and they did not have it!
I will know have to call into Rochdale on my way home form work.
Fri 17/10/03 at 14:16
Regular
"Touched!"
My mum is out at the mo getting my copy, can't wait to play the full versions, myself and my bro are massive fans of the Pro Evo series!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.