GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nostradamus Strikes Back"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/09/01 at 20:45
Regular
One of the greatest predictors we have ever known. After the plane crashes I suddenly thought of him and wondered whether he had predicted this. I remembered the phrase "From the sky will come the great King of Terror." This sent shivers down my spine maybe this was the one he predicted? It reads:

"In the year 1999 and seven months
From the sky will come the great King of Terror.
He will bring back to life the King of the Mongols;
Before and after war reigns. "

So it may not be the year 1999 but "from the sky" sounds very much like a plane.

Then another thing startled me

" The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city. "

The new city? New York maybe? Experts agree this could only be New York I have just read up on a Nostradamus fan site. And the forty five degrees could be said to be the explosion that results from the plane crashes.

"Out of the country of Greater Arabia
Shall be born a strong master of Mohammed...
He will enter Europe wearing a blue turban.
He will be the terror of mankind.
Never more horror. "

There are already references of the Arabs being involved in the attack.

Sheer coincidence or could this be one of Nostradamas' last prophecies coming true?
Wed 12/09/01 at 22:08
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
VenomByte wrote:
> Reaper, what events has the first paragraph been matched to? There
> haven't been that many new centurys since Nostradamus was
> around.

and it does match quite well....

I've heard several different versions of that verse, and what he resurrects has varied from passage to passage. Note that it actually says 1999 in most versions I have seen, not "the first year of the new century". Since he was possibly using a different calender (and this is disputed), there are several inconsistancies which make this even more adaptable to different situations.

"In the year 1999 and seven months from the sky will come a great king of terror he will resurrect the great king of angolmois before and afterwards mars rules happily"

See the differences..?

Anyway, some say it was referring to the Eclipse in August '99; having been written at a time when they didn't understand these phenomenon it was seen as a possible sign of the end of the world. Others think it runs from his earlier predictions and tells the coming of a third antichrist, the feared "Mabus". Mars rules happily...Mars is the God of war, and he implies that war will reign from then on in the new millenium.

The second passage:
"The sky will burn at forty-five degrees latitude, Fire approaches the great new city: Immediately a huge scattered flame leaps up, When they want to have verification from the Normans."

Is thought by some to mean that NY (lying between 40 and 45 degrees latitude) will be the target for Intercontinental ballistic missiles, fired by the Russians - the Normans are in Canada, and America will want verification from them that a missile is heading their way as their early warning systems were installed there in the cold war. If the russians were to fire, it would go over the North Pole instead of the Equator, as it's a faster route, so Canada would know first.

There are several other theories that I have found, and none of these are my own, simply what I've seen looking around. I'm looking in to Xinoehpoel at the moment actually..
Wed 12/09/01 at 21:32
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Maybe I shouldn't have brought this subject up. Please don't worry yourself day in day out.

Really it's not worth being upset about. If bad things happen they happen. It's not a big deal.

Sure it's very very very similiar but the chances are nothing will happen and if things do happen as I said no big deal.

To me God will always be in the afterlife and if I die I am with him and nothing is worst than that. And if we die together - we die together.

Imagine what it would have been like to die in the planes and in the buildings they smashed into - horrible. It was easier for the people who died that day as death just happens quickly. But for the families that pain follows them day in and day out.

We should all be happy that we are life and hopefully this has made us all realise us how sacred life is. Life can go at any time just make sure you enjoy every day as it comes and don't take for granted what you have.
Wed 12/09/01 at 20:48
This is really scary!
Wed 12/09/01 at 20:21
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
I am realyl really scared now. I'm in teas almost.
Wed 12/09/01 at 20:04
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Reaper, what events has the first paragraph been matched to? There haven't been that many new centurys since Nostradamus was around.

and it does match quite well....
Wed 12/09/01 at 19:09
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
On another note but on the same theme. Read my Xinoehpoel post and read up on him...

It's very very very peculiar and eerie (this guy I believe is also being investigated by the FBI)
Wed 12/09/01 at 19:05
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
And yes, the other passage was a real prediction, but it has already been fitted to several other situations - people can twist these prophecies to fit most situations, with a few "oh, well apart form that bit" lines...
Wed 12/09/01 at 19:02
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
This second passage that you're all quoting.."In the city of God there will be a great thunder" etc..

I've repeatedly searched for this, and found only one source, on a page analysing Nostradamus's predictions. It is NOT a prophecy made by him, it's an example one made up (in 1999) by someone doing a critical analysis of his prophecies - it's designed to be generic, adaptable to fit any situation. They even go on to explain each line and how it could be fitted to any situation...

Have a look here anyway,
http://www.ed.brocku.ca/~nmarshal/nostradamus.htm
Wed 12/09/01 at 18:26
Regular
"Excommunicated"
"In the year of the new century and nine months, From the sky will come a
great King of Terror... The sky will burn at forty-five degrees. Fire
approaches the great new city..."

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart
by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb" , "The
third big war will begin when the big city is burning" -

Nostradamus 1654

That is the proper statement.. yours is all bollards up :-)

This has scared the cack out of me... so his one aboutthe asteroid was crap but this...

New century is actually 2001... can't be bothered to explain... 9 months September, great new city... New York... I heard that New York is situated at 45 degress on latitude I think. The thunder.. the sound of the crash... flames sky high... the great brothers, the twin towers. The fortress (Pentagon)... and WW3, this may have been altered but he said something and this was from a reliable source.

ANd he said this in 1654

ARGH!!!
Wed 12/09/01 at 18:25
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
"The synagogue sterile without any fruit
Will be received by the infidels:
The daughter of the persecuted of Babylon
Misery and sadness will clip her wings."

This is said to relate to the Israel invasion of Lebanon. This was before the world war 3 broke out and if Palestinians are involved as suggested then since this is related Nostradamus' predictions could be becoming right.

Also for the future...

"The Blue Turban King entered into Foix
And he will reign less than the evolution of Saturn:
The White Turban King Byzantium heart banished
Sun, Mars, and Mercury near Aquarius." (C.9:73)

Turbans relate to Islam usually the religion of the most of the Middle East.

What happens next is anyones guess.

I just hope its a load of rubbish.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.