GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nostradamus Strikes Back"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/09/01 at 20:45
Regular
One of the greatest predictors we have ever known. After the plane crashes I suddenly thought of him and wondered whether he had predicted this. I remembered the phrase "From the sky will come the great King of Terror." This sent shivers down my spine maybe this was the one he predicted? It reads:

"In the year 1999 and seven months
From the sky will come the great King of Terror.
He will bring back to life the King of the Mongols;
Before and after war reigns. "

So it may not be the year 1999 but "from the sky" sounds very much like a plane.

Then another thing startled me

" The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city. "

The new city? New York maybe? Experts agree this could only be New York I have just read up on a Nostradamus fan site. And the forty five degrees could be said to be the explosion that results from the plane crashes.

"Out of the country of Greater Arabia
Shall be born a strong master of Mohammed...
He will enter Europe wearing a blue turban.
He will be the terror of mankind.
Never more horror. "

There are already references of the Arabs being involved in the attack.

Sheer coincidence or could this be one of Nostradamas' last prophecies coming true?
Sat 20/10/01 at 22:13
Sorry for over posting here but I'd hate for anyone to be worried about this stuff when its all fake and the proof is easily available at the snopes website. Check your facts before worrying people!
Sat 20/10/01 at 22:10
SHEEPY wrote:
>"In the City of God there
> will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart
>by Chaos, while the fortress
> endures, the great leader will succumb" , "The
>third big war will
> begin when the big city is burning" -

>Nostradamus 1654

Excellent, not only did the guy do prophecies he also returned from the dead to write them ! Nostradamus died in 1566 so writing in 1654 was pretty damn clever eh ? .....
Sat 20/10/01 at 22:05
For aynoe who would like a more official point of view visit www.snopes.com - they debunk urban legends and false prophecies and have several debunked version of Nostradamus' september 11th prophecies with uncannily similar wordings to one given here.
Sat 20/10/01 at 21:55
Erm...has anyone hear pointed out that the prophecy referred to by the media in the wake of September 11th was started by an American college student as part of a research project to see how information travelled/was easily believed on the internet ? It just happened to fit events, unfortunately.

Nostradmus' prophecies are also only relevant if you beleive that we, as humans, have no agency. That the future is absolute. Methods of divination such as Tarot, Runes, scrying e.t.c all only give predictions based on the subject not changing what they do. For instance say a tarot reading suggests you will have bad luck, problems at work for example, then you probably will unless you change becasue its a good bet youre doing something which will lead to this bad luck.

Its great to think that some guy centuries ago had all the answers, but unfortunately I think that any of us could scribble down some vague words and interpret them to mean anythign we wanted.

"And the city of light shall disappear in a cloud" What does that mean, maybe somewhere is going to be nuked ?! Biowarfare! Explosions! Or maybe an electrical storm will disrupt power, or winds will bring down power lines, or fog will be bad in the morning, I could carry on endlessly but I've made my point.

Lastly the prophecies have antoher flaw, they only work if you're a believer in the same faith as him, because Babylon sure isnt the same place in every religion/culture and the notion of a modern day Babylon definitely isnt a city to a lot of people.
Sat 20/10/01 at 21:31
Regular
So what we have from nostradamus;

In the year [vague numbers thrown about which nobody agrees on anyway, presumably vague enough for something to happen in the time frame of some importance] from the sky [the stuff of symbolism, and a pretty big area anyway, with all kinds of things from basic projectiles to stuff in space up there] will come [something bad] blah blah degrees [unit of measurement for temperature (C and F), angle, latitude, longitude, which can in some way cover a number, which to you guys only needs to be approximately 45]. [Something will be resurected, fitting under the dodgy metaphore] and [there will be war, which frankly is always happening somewhere in the world to some extent] and a whole bunch of other vaguearies.

Give the guy a certificate and a badge to sew onto his swimming trunks!

Fact is, i think he was a pretty smart guy, but smart because he made a healthy living (i assume) and got to be famous without doing anything difficult or worthwhile. Old skool mystic meg.
Fri 19/10/01 at 21:44
yea let that generation handle it when it happens while we all laugh from heaven at them lol
Fri 19/10/01 at 21:44
Regular
"Death to the Infide"
Nostramdamus has prdicted everything from ww2 to bill gates. This is because his prediction are so terribly vague, that anyone who wants to can apply them to recent events. Its like a horoscope that says 'today you will succeed' In what? why? i suceeded in getting on the bus. Does that count?

So you see, nostradamus was a nutter pure and simple. People like thinking he could see the future as it comforts them to try and read other predictions and stop horrible outcomes. However life is unpredictable. No one can see the future. I'm sorry, but its true.

But top marks for the research mate!
Fri 19/10/01 at 21:38
Ben Hodgetts wrote:
> i could have sworn i remember someone telling me something else from nostro
> around the lines of
*as the great city lies in ruins
the 3rd great war will be
> overseen by 3 men whose names begin with B* (Bush, Blair and Bin
> laden)

course along with many things nostro has got right he's also gotten
> loads of things wrong so don't worry too much about the destruction of the world
> just at the moment that'll happen for sure billions of years in the future when
> the sun burns out. course we'll all be dead then anyway so who cares bout that
> :)

Heh, that's it, positive thinking!
Fri 19/10/01 at 21:17
i could have sworn i remember someone telling me something else from nostro around the lines of
*as the great city lies in ruins
the 3rd great war will be overseen by 3 men whose names begin with B* (Bush, Blair and Bin laden)

course along with many things nostro has got right he's also gotten loads of things wrong so don't worry too much about the destruction of the world just at the moment that'll happen for sure billions of years in the future when the sun burns out. course we'll all be dead then anyway so who cares bout that :)
Fri 19/10/01 at 20:58
Well, it appears that Nostro was incorrect for the 2nd time!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.