GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FX owners, in here!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/10/03 at 19:48
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I'm pleased to announce (incase you aren't already aware) that nVidia has just today released the latest version of their Detonator drivers - v52.16!

Get them now at www.nvidia.com - file weighs in at around 18.5meg.

Having installed them myself, I am happy to report a massive improvement in performance in Halo - I'm now running the game at 1280x1024 with max graphical settings and, for the most part, the game runs smoothly! This is compared to before when the game absolutely crawled even in the smallest of fight sequences.

Not sure of how the drivers affect other games - think I read somewhere that it may even have a slightly adverse affect, but I can't confirm this for the time being - look forward to seeing how it handles Max Payne 2 tomorrow though! :D
Fri 24/10/03 at 11:27
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Change the card?

Tweakable options?

Do you mean to imply that I might wave a magic wand and transform the card into a stable and useful Creative card?
Fri 24/10/03 at 11:44
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Bane wrote:
> Change the card?
>
> Tweakable options?
>
> Do you mean to imply that I might wave a magic wand and transform the
> card into a stable and useful Creative card?

Heh, i meant couldnt you change the card when you were buying the PC? I thought you got a drop down menu to choose from or something.
Fri 24/10/03 at 12:17
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Uncle Albert wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce (incase you aren't already aware) that nVidia
> has just today released the latest version of their Detonator drivers
> - v52.16!
>
> Get them now at www.nvidia.com - file weighs in at around 18.5meg.
>

Or alternatively, simply download the English only drivers for 8.7 Mb.

Anyway, cheers for pointing out that the new drives have been released. I checked earlier in the week and it was the old 45.23 drivers.

Lets see if this makes a difference with the halo demo on my 1.8Athlon 512 Mb geforce5 fx 5600…… I *certainly* hope so……….Gearbox make an appalling conversion.
Fri 24/10/03 at 12:20
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
cookie monster wrote:
> Heh, i meant couldnt you change the card when you were buying the PC?
> I thought you got a drop down menu to choose from or something.

Not when you buy in the store though.
Fri 24/10/03 at 16:54
Regular
yup, it's true - i downloaded this the day before yesterday at guru3d.com, and performance in HW2 was bumped up to hyperspace, if ya know wadda mean. AND halo is much better, considering my CPU, which i admit needs upgrading.
Fri 24/10/03 at 20:14
Pandaemonium wrote:

>
> Lets see if this makes a difference with the halo demo on my
> 1.8Athlon 512 Mb geforce5 fx 5600…… I *certainly* hope so……….Gearbox
> make an appalling conversion.

I have a similar system to yours, but my GFx is much more older... but Halo demo runs perfectly on mine. Wonder why?
Sat 25/10/03 at 13:19
Regular
Halo runs fine on MY FX5600, so why not yours?
Mon 27/10/03 at 13:13
Regular
i ignore the last post, as my mate can run Halo at 800 by 600 at high detail, and get quite high framerate, and he has a Geforce 3ti200, so WHY is it not so with my FX5600. i tried running with shader 1.1 instead of 2.0 but it made absolutely no difference.

gearbox should get into gear and fix this.
Mon 27/10/03 at 16:50
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> i tried running with shader 1.1 instead of 2.0 but it made absolutely no > difference.

The only obvious explanation is that you've typed in the parameter wrong, because it should make a noticable difference. :/
Mon 27/10/03 at 18:13
Regular
show me the parameter how it should be, then - please.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.